The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 01-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Help with posting photos on this site

Been getting a number of requests for help with posting photos, so here's a copy of a post I made on another thread here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes
Call me Helen, but where exactly is the "manage Attachments" you speak of, Rich? I know how to post a picture, but I don't know what you're talking about in that paragraph??? Of course, I may be having a
Ah, OK "Helen", let's take it step by step.

Whenever you start a new post, whether is is a NEW thread or a REPLY to an existing thread, below the section where you type in your text will be a section called Additional Options. In that section will be an area that says Attach Files

Just click on that button that says Manage Attachments

That will take you to a screen that offers you four prompts with a BROWSE button to the right of each of them. Plus there is a display of valid file types that can be uploaded as well as the limitations on each file type.

Click on the BROWSE button, which will display a folder on your hard drive in your own computer so you can find the file that you want to upload.

It is up to you to locate that file, but I assume you will know where you put it on your own hard drive in your system.

After you click on that file you want to attach, and it is then displayed in the area that says File name:, you then click on the Open button on that screen to close it and tell the system here the file you want to attach.

At this time, you can either select three other files to attach in the same method as above, or if there is only one single file to be attached, you then click on that UPLOAD button to actually upload the file from your computer to the server here. PLEASE NOTE: This is the step that people will commonly forget to do and think the system did not do what it was supposed to do. Until you click that UPLOAD button, the file is not yet up on the server.

So once you have successfully uploaded the file you want to attach, you will see a screen similar to this:

If you are done attaching all files, then simply click on the Close this window button to return you to the screen where you are entering in the text of your message. Please not that you will NOT see the photo at this time within the text area of your message you are typing in. The only indication you will see of your attached file(s) at this time will be the name of the file displayed in that Attach Files area of your current screen. Please note that attached files will display at the BOTTOM of your message you are typing.

When you are done typing in your message, simply click on the Submit Reply button, and your photo should be displayed within the message you just typed in.

So, that's IT!
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:07 AM   #2
havendavid

Name :
havendavid has disabled reputation

Awesome..its really a great help for me...thanks for it..
havendavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2020, 06:18 AM   #3
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Been getting a number of requests for help with posting photos, so here's a copy of a post I made on another thread here:

Ah, OK "Helen", let's take it step by step.

Whenever you start a new post, whether is is a NEW thread or a REPLY to an existing thread, below the section where you type in your text will be a section called Additional Options. In that section will be an area that says Attach Files

Just click on that button that says Manage Attachments

That will take you to a screen that offers you four prompts with a BROWSE button to the right of each of them. Plus there is a display of valid file types that can be uploaded as well as the limitations on each file type.

Click on the BROWSE button, which will display a folder on your hard drive in your own computer so you can find the file that you want to upload.

It is up to you to locate that file, but I assume you will know where you put it on your own hard drive in your system.

After you click on that file you want to attach, and it is then displayed in the area that says File name:, you then click on the Open button on that screen to close it and tell the system here the file you want to attach.

At this time, you can either select three other files to attach in the same method as above, or if there is only one single file to be attached, you then click on that UPLOAD button to actually upload the file from your computer to the server here. PLEASE NOTE: This is the step that people will commonly forget to do and think the system did not do what it was supposed to do. Until you click that UPLOAD button, the file is not yet up on the server.

So once you have successfully uploaded the file you want to attach, you will see a screen similar to this:

If you are done attaching all files, then simply click on the Close this window button to return you to the screen where you are entering in the text of your message. Please not that you will NOT see the photo at this time within the text area of your message you are typing in. The only indication you will see of your attached file(s) at this time will be the name of the file displayed in that Attach Files area of your current screen. Please note that attached files will display at the BOTTOM of your message you are typing.

When you are done typing in your message, simply click on the Submit Reply button, and your photo should be displayed within the message you just typed in.

So, that's IT!

Not working for me at all. I upload and then nothing happens. This is why i never bother with pics anymore.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2020, 09:24 AM   #4
Rich Z

Are the dimensions of the pics you are trying to upload within the specs indicated in the chart?
Unread 05-09-2020, 09:26 AM   #5
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Are the dimensions of the pics you are trying to upload within the specs indicated in the chart?
I don't know. I can PM you my e mail if you like and send a pic.
Unread 05-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #6
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
I don't know. I can PM you my e mail if you like and send a pic.
Sure. I can take a look at it then.
Unread 05-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #7
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Sure. I can take a look at it then.
I am done with cams and dealing with pics. I threw my cam away last nite.
Unread 05-09-2020, 04:28 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
I am done with cams and dealing with pics. I threw my cam away last nite.
That might be a bit hasty.
Unread 05-09-2020, 05:20 PM   #9
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
That might be a bit hasty.
It stopped downloading to the computer. Just blank folders. Never took clear pics anyways.

Some sites are more easy that others to get pics on. I always used Tinypic. com.
I just learned how to resize pics for another forums site. Just too much trouble to go thru if you ask me. I don't have a cell that takes pics and don't think i will ever buy another cam.
Unread 05-09-2020, 07:20 PM   #10
Rich Z

As indicated here -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...168#post211168 I was able to upload the image you sent me via email. Worked just like it was supposed to and didn't give me a bit of trouble.

Just for grins, I did it again here with this post.

Attached Images