• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Funny, mostly Z06 owners

Yeah, I think most people found this board from Rich's post about the LG's pros which was on Z06vette.com and CF in the Z06 section.

Well actually there is nothing wrong with this site being frequented by the smartest most savy Corvette owners in Florida, now is there? ;)

IVOZ06 said:
I was looking at the Vast:) Member List and it seems like most are Z06 owners.

Very Interesting...
I'll match your Z and add a 75 too Ivo..;)

You can run but never hide Bro...;)

Jack

ls1mtz said:
Yeah, I think most people found this board from Rich's post about the LG's pros which was on Z06vette.com and CF in the Z06 section.

That's how I found it last week....then Ivo reminded me.

ls1mtz said:
Yep, that's how I found it.........Great find!..........Tom

......And maybe, just maybe, Z06 peeps have a greater affection for their cars. Anyone who seeks out a Z is really into this car thing. I think a lot of Corvette buyers are just buying an American sports car, or a bargain for their buck, something to stile in, but not really into the car, maybe more into themselves. Not trying to pick a fight, hell, I'd liked to have bought a vert, But there is no comparison between a Corvette and a Z06. It's a completely different car. Then again, I really do like them all. My son just bought an 06 C6. Bad azz car. I'll wait for the used C6 Z06 market though, LOL.............Tom:)

Well, you know, when I was looking to buy my first vette, I was not at all savy about the differences. Real wet behind the ears actually. But what clued me in was the number of accessories and such that said something like "Make your C5 look and/or perform just like a real Z06!" Hmm, well if that is the case, then why not just BUY a Z06 in the first place?

So that's what I decided to do. Probably one of the smartest decisions I can remember making in recent history. Actually, not even only RECENT history, now that I think of it.

98Pace97Coupe said:
Does my fleet skew the percentages to "slower" vettes :D

Well as Einstein said, "It's all relative." When people slow down to look at your cars passing by, it FEELS like you are going faster..... :D

ls1mtz said:

That's how I found it.

I chose the Z06 for the factory 405hp motor. No need for bolt ons or expensive mods that always take a back seat to house issues or other life expenses. I really wanted a 6speed so it fit the bill, but I've since fallen in love with the FRC hardtop. Granted I miss the coupe targa, but the hardtop looks killer! Maybe one day I'll do a carvaggio type kit for the double deal targa and FRC hardtop.:yesnod:

I'm pre-Z! (All of 'em!) :crazy03:

But that doesn't mean I'm slow...

NCC99amshot1.JPG

Back