The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Corvette Clubs and Organizations

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Corvette Clubs and Organizations General topics about Florida Corvette clubs

View Poll Results: Are you NOW a member of a Florida Corvette Club?
Yes. 53 43.09%
Oops I was but my membership lapsed.... 5 4.07%
No. 65 52.85%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-08-2006, 11:53 PM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down

Well, I TRIED to join the local club here in Tallahassee, but first they lost my application (but cashed the check) then when the president of the club finally got that straightened out and was supposed to send me the club newsletter or whatever, she just dropped the ball on that as well. I originally applied at the end of November and it wasn't until MARCH they figured out I really had applied for membership. I just got fed up with them and told them to send my money back. Then just recently I tried another shot at it and it looks like that just isn't going to fly. Not when they want me to pay for a 12 month membership and only get 7 months out of it.

I dunno, I might have to start a separate thread about this whole thing.

But I REALLY would have liked to have met a bunch of local vette enthusiasts through the club, but that certainly isn't going to happen now. So I guess I am kind of jealous of you guys that do have a real nice local club to interface with......
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #12
02torchvert

Name :
02torchvert has disabled reputation

Rich,
I am a member of the Tampa Bay Vettes and we constantly have activities each month and the last Sunday of every month is our mystery breakfast cruise. I hope you find a local club that you can enjoy.
02torchvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #13
Rich Z

Yeah, me too. But Tallahassee is basically it for being local. Anywhere else is a good 2 and a half to 3 hour drive. I've heard the Panama City club is pretty decent. Heck I should start my own Crawfordville club. But in Wakulla County, I don't think there are that many vettes around.

Heck, this will just be my OWN club right here...... When things slow down with my business, I'll just have to make some trips to visit you guys.
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #14
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Yeah, me too. But Tallahassee is basically it for being local. Anywhere else is a good 2 and a half to 3 hour drive. I've heard the Panama City club is pretty decent. Heck I should start my own Crawfordville club. But in Wakulla County, I don't think there are that many vettes around.

Heck, this will just be my OWN club right here...... When things slow down with my business, I'll just have to make some trips to visit you guys.

Well, if you can try to plan on making it to our Pier show in Sept that I posted about on the Suncoast Corvettes thread. Make a whole weekend and hit some local eateries and such out on Clearwater Beach or St. Pete Beach.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:29 AM   #15
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Well, if you can try to plan on making it to our Pier show in Sept that I posted about on the Suncoast Corvettes thread. Make a whole weekend and hit some local eateries and such out on Clearwater Beach or St. Pete Beach.
Man, wish I could, but mid July thru October makes this time of year seem like a picnic, comparatively. With around 6,000 critters hatching out and orders to get out the door plus just taking care of all of them, it's all I can do to keep my sanity.

But the plus side is if sales are good, I may have enough moola for a major mod on the Z....
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:47 AM   #16
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:

We'd love to see you come down our way too, Rich. Plan on it. There are events throughout the fall into the winter, so when you get them critters grown and gone for the year, you have to make it down to the west coast for a weekend and some partying. I think it would be great to get as many forum members together as we can sometime this year. It'd really be a boost to the brotherhood. Let us know when you can make it..........Tom

PS:My sister at the wheel of the cuda
Attached Images

Unread 05-10-2006, 02:13 AM   #17
Rich Z

Yeah, Fall and Winter is GOOD. I may even have a short break in a couple of weeks when most of the eggs have been laid but prior to them beginning to hatch out. Kind of an "eye of the hurricane" sort of effect.

The wife and I talking about heading down to Englewood for some R&R for a couple of days. My parents used to take me there on vacation as a kid and I have always really liked that area. Of course, it is way different now then it was back then, but the memories help shield me from most of that.

I know nothing can remain static, but darn I miss the Florida of my childhood vacation years. I still remember my dad pulling into the motels late at night after driving for endless hours and those palm trees with the green and red spot lights shining on them in the courtyards just seemed magical to me. Of course, the driving through the swamps of Georgia on route 301 late at night with faulty headlights that kept going out intermittently, well I can do without THAT particular memory...
Unread 05-10-2006, 02:50 AM   #18
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, Fall and Winter is GOOD. I may even have a short break in a couple of weeks when most of the eggs have been laid but prior to them beginning to hatch out. Kind of an "eye of the hurricane" sort of effect.

The wife and I talking about heading down to Englewood for some R&R for a couple of days. My parents used to take me there on vacation as a kid and I have always really liked that area. Of course, it is way different now then it was back then, but the memories help shield me from most of that.

I know nothing can remain static, but darn I miss the Florida of my childhood vacation years. I still remember my dad pulling into the motels late at night after driving for endless hours and those palm trees with the green and red spot lights shining on them in the courtyards just seemed magical to me. Of course, the driving through the swamps of Georgia on route 301 late at night with faulty headlights that kept going out intermittently, well I can do without THAT particular memory...
Rich, I'm about 20 miles north of Englewood, I work down there from time to time. Actually, Englewood is still pretty much old Florida. It's nice down there. Let us know if you can make it. We'll get together if you want..Yep, know all about those trips down here as a kid from Virginia. 601 out of Highpoint, NC to 301 in Orangeburg, SC I think it was. We'd go to Miami/Hollywood area. The good old days .........Tom
Unread 05-10-2006, 03:05 AM   #19
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile
Rich, I'm about 20 miles north of Englewood, I work down there from time to time. Actually, Englewood is still pretty much old Florida. It's nice down there. Let us know if you can make it. We'll get together if you want..Yep, know all about those trips down here as a kid from Virginia. 601 out of Highpoint, NC to 301 in Orangeburg, SC I think it was. We'd go to Miami/Hollywood area. The good old days .........Tom
Yeah, we're about the same age. The reason my dad took us down there was because of something he read in a fishing magazine about Stump Pass. My parents eventually bought a lot right on the Gulf about midway from the public beach south to what is now the state park there. Unfortunately they waited until I had moved out of the house before moving there... Man, what a paradise for a kid..... But I had a younger generation brother and sister who did move down there with them.

I still remember my into to Englewood. At that time there was a restaurant (there is still some sort of club there today) right across from the south end of the public beach overlooking Lemon Bay. I remember we were sitting at the table for lunch or early dinner and these porpoises came playing and jumping nearly right at our feet! We were enthralled... The place was paradise for a bunch of kids from Baltimore.....

Anyway, sorry, reminiscing, I guess. Yeah, I'll let you know if and when Connie and I can get down that way. I think it would be a lot of fun to meet up with some of you if possible.

Thanks for the offer.....
Unread 05-11-2006, 04:50 PM   #20
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

SW Fl Corvette Club
als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote