The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Corvette Clubs and Organizations

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Corvette Clubs and Organizations General topics about Florida Corvette clubs

Unread 10-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #1
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking of joiing a club

I've been thinking about joining a corvette club more and more lately, because I'd like to hang out with a group of like minded people, get some good info on tech stuff, as well as what shops to go to and what to avoid and the like.

BUT! Here in NPR there is 1 club, and they are far from what I would call "active"

There is 1 in Hernando that I've been looking at, theyre active, but not to the level that I would like.

There are several in Pinellas, that are very active, but they meet 1-3 hours away from me, so that wouldn't be a good option.

Also one other small problem is I'm young (23), and although I really can't stand most of my generation, and all my friends are 30+, some of the groups might not take me in fully because of my age.

DISCUSS!
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 02:27 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Actually I understand what you mean. I tried to join the local club up here in Tallahassee last year, but the club flubbed things badly by losing my application and then dragging their feet getting it resolved. Then made no real effort at all to try to patch things up afterwards when I admittedly had gotten my dander up about the whole darn thing and just felt soundly SNUBBED by the club brass. Maybe when there is a changing of the guard I will try again....

But in any event, I do wish I had an alternative here. Sure would be nice to get together with some local folks with an interest in Corvettes and go on cruises and other events without having to drive a few hours.

BTW, there is a section on this site FOR clubs, so I may move this thread there sometime in the future, if you don't mind....
Unread 10-19-2006, 03:12 AM   #3
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
BTW, there is a section on this site FOR clubs, so I may move this thread there sometime in the future, if you don't mind....
Oh no problem at all, I looked around for a while trying to decide where to post this, but thought to myself that the club section was dedicated to the specific clubs down there, and the goings on.
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #4
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Default Give us a shot!

I REALIZE NPR IS ALITTLE OUT OF THE WAY FROM BRANDON, BUT GIVE US A SHOT AND ATTEND OUR NEXT MEETING. WE MEET NEXT ON NOVEMBER 8, 2006. LOOK AT THE TAMPABAY VETTES SECTION FOR DETAILS AND CALENDAR. WE THINK WE ARE THE MOST ACTIVE CLUB AROUND THIS AREA AND DO ONE OF THE BIGGEST SHOWS AROUND.."THE ULTIMATE CORVETTE PARTY"...THAT YOU SHOULD ATTEND UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. WE NOW HAVE OUR OWN BUILDING FOR MEETINGS, HAVE A GREAT SPONSOR WITH FERMAN AND MEMBERSHIP IS NOW 240 STRONG. OUR AGES RANGE FROM 22 TO 65 AND YOUNG CORVETTE MEMBERS ARE VERY WELCOME IN OUR CLUB. WE HAVE MEMBERS THAT ARE AS FAR AWAY AS SARASOTA.....SO DRIVE THAT CORVETTE....AND JOIN US!!!

http://www.tampabayvettes.com/

Last edited by JIM KILL; 10-19-2006 at 07:58 PM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Jims got a point bro OUr club is definately active! I don't get involved in a lot due to my work schedule, but it's definately not for a lack of available opportunities.

Don't know where you're at in NPR, but straight across any of the major roadways to the Suncoast parkway and south to Ehrlich and there's at least 2-3 or more of us right here that would likely meet up with ya and do a little caravan over to the meeting and back

There's another club, and I don't recall the name, thats also here in Tampa. They meet not too far from the Ehrlich/Dale Mabry area. Not sure how active they are and I know several people that have/had dual memberships. They are a good group of ladies and gents and age, in either club, doesn't mean squat! You're gonna have snobs, but you find them everywhere. Ignore them and they'll usually just go away

There's also the Misfits, an "informal" club if you will of Corvette owners that try to live up to thier moniker...and do a pretty decent job of it I might add

There's no dues to pay and no meetings to attend. Robert (pewter99) is the regional cooridinator and he and some others are always looking for another show, event, charity or just a reason to hang out and party!!

There's the Bay Area Posse too. Good group of folks but you're gonna need some HP and balls to keep up with them enroute to events

Finally...you're always welcome to join our screwed up little group...www.FLCFA.net

It was formed as a Camaro and Firebird club, but since it's inception, myself, and 2 other members have become Vette owners.
We're even looking at an offshoot to the group. Just and offer...we usually meet closer to the North end of Hillsborough County or the NPR/Wesley Chapel area.

Good luck with your decisions and if you have any questions on the info I've related, just PM me.

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2006, 08:31 AM   #6
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Arrow Florida Corvette Clubs

HERE IS MY LIST OF CORVETTE CLUBS IN FLORIDA....HOPE THIS WILL HELP!!

America's Corvette Club
PO Box 5444
Hollywood, FL 33083
Joe Cutroni / President
(954) 430-VETE (8383)
acc1983@yahoo.com
www.americascorvetteclub.com

Bay Area Corvette Club
PO Box 7944
Clearwater, FL 34618
Dan Kirkconnell / Pres.
qwkchk@aol.com
www.baccvette.us

Cape Kennedy Corvette Club
Cocoa, FL
Jim & Marcia Cochran
(321) 454-7278
jimarcia@clf.rr.com
www.capekennedycorvetteclub.com

Central Florida Corvette Association
8665 Hillside Dr
Orlando, FL 32810
Lisa Lafferty
(407) 858-9763
Myy2kc5@aol.com
www.cfca.net

Citrus County Corvette Club
PO Box 36
Lecanto, FL 34460-0036
Harry Cooper/President
www.citruscorvettes.com

Classic Corvettes of Charlotte County
PO Box 380394
Murdock, FL 33938-0394
Joseph Kempeneer
(914) 743-2643

Classic Corvettes of Orlando
PO Box 915739
Longwood, FL 32791-5739
Ginny Coombs
(407) 330-9007
Info@classiccorvettes.org
www.classiccorvettes.org

Corvette Club of Marion County
PO Box 1619
Silver Springs, FL 34488
Steve Thibodeau
Steve@Thibodeau.com
users.mfi.net/~thib/ccmc.htm

Corvette Club of Orlando, Inc.
10453 Phoenix Lane
Howey-In-The-Hills, FL 34737
Lloyd Johnson/President
(407) 467-5496
MrLS1@sprintmail.com
www.corvettecluboforlando.com

Corvette Club of the Palm Beaches
134 Van Gogh Way
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
Larry DeYoung/President
(561) 795-7502
NLDeYoung@adelphia.net
www.corvetteclubpalmbeach.com

Corvette Cruisers
6938 Coronet Drive
New Port Richey, FL 34655
George Balestriei/President
(727) 372-8157
vetteman@gte.net

Corvette Cruisers Inc.
15119 US 19
Hudson, FL 34667
Ed Poulin/President
(727) 919-6486
www.corvettecru

Corvette Cruisers of Greater Daytona
3305 John Anderson Dr.
Ormond Beach, FL 32176
c/o Tim O'Leary
(386) 441-1722
tjoleary@cfl.rr.com

Corvettes of Naples
2904 SE 5th Place
Cape Coral, FL 33904
Glenn Hutchinson/President
Home: (239) 772-0705
Cell: (239) 910-2027
n2vettes@earthlink.net

Corvettes on the Gulf
2313 S.E. 8th Terrace
Cape Coral, FL 33990
Gene Tallent/President
(239) 573-5805
vettetoy@earthlink.net

Cruisin' Corvettes of Tallahassee
2907 Kerry Forest Parkway
Tallahassee, FL 32312
www.cruisincorvettes.com

Cypress Gardens Corvette Club
PO Box 1652
Bartow, FL 33831
Jim Morris
(863) 324-7708
twogatorfans@aol.com

Emerald Coast Corvette Club
PO Box 1013
Lynn Haven, FL 32444
Gene Jump
(850) 763-5331
president@emeraldcorvetteclub.com
www.emeraldcoastcorvetteclub.com

Flagler County Corvette Club
32 Wellesley Lane
Palm Coast, FL 32164
C\O Michael J. Cocchiola
(904) 446-2462
(904) 437-2762

Florida Corvette Club
109 Yorktown Place
Sanford, FL 32771
(407) 688-8420
Lisa Jessing - Pres
Patrick Sidorchuk - Vice-Pres
Cindy Shepherd - Treasurer
Susan Stevens - Sec.
Karen Blihar - Activities
www.floridacorvetteclub.com

Florida Keys Corvette Club
PO Box 420807
Summerland Key, FL 33042
Marie CuCulino
(305) 872-9641
racinvet@aol.com
www.flkeyscorvetteclub.com

Fort Lauderdale Corvette Club
PO Box 491332
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33349
Shirley Pfitzenmaier/President
Joe Greff
flcc91@aol.com

Gulf Coast Corvette Clu
6904 Rex Lane
Sarasota, FL 34243
RJ Munson / President
941-752-1917
www.gulfcoastcorvetteclub.com

Gulfside Corvette Club
PO Box 1222
Port Richey, FL 34673-1222
Keith Taylor/President
Norm Meaders/Vice President
Norm@gte.net

Highland County Corvette Club
PO Box 3712
Sebring, FL 33871
Walt
(941) 471-9829
Ttop69@strato.net

Indian River Corvette Club
PO Box 650337
Vero Beach, FL 32965-0337
www.ircorvettes.com

Jacksonville Corvette Club
895 Roberts Road
Jacksonville, FL 32259
Sandy Banning/President
(904) 287-8471
gunner@tail-gunner.net

Mid Florida Corvette Club
3300 Osage Court
St. Cloud, FL 34769
Loretta Deal
(407) 498-4923
midfloridacorvetteclb@aol.com
www.midfloridacorvettes.com

Miracle Strip Corvette Club
Pensacola, FL
www.miraclestripcorvetteclub.com

Nature Coast Corvette Club
4460 Flounder Drive
Hernando Beach, FL 34607
Ed Larson/President
ncvette@tampabay.rr.com
www.ncvette.com

North Florida Corvette Association
12313 Caron Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32258
Harry Way/President
Manny Montgomery/Treasurer
z06kurvett@mediaone.net "HarryWay@aol.com
z06kurvett@mediaone.net
www.nfca.net

Playground Corvette Club
PO Box 66
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32549
Ann Hill
ann@jmarkfisher.com
www.playgroundcorvetteclub.com

Ponce Inlet Corvette Club
4670 South Peninsula Drive
Ponce Inlet, FL 32127
Harvey or Gary
(386) 760-1048
www.ponceinletvettes.com
Renegade Corvette Club
4311 Van Buren St
Hollywood, FL 33021
John Browning/President
(954) 963-6437
Redsownvet@aol.com

Skyway Corvette Club
2550 Briar Oak Circle
Sarasota, FL 34232
Jeff Bolton
(941) 379-2652
info@skywaycorvetteclub.com
www.skywaycorvetteclub.com

Southwest Florida Corvette Club, Inc.
P.O. Box 6951
Ft. Meyers, FL 33911
Ernie McClellan / President
(239) 458-9119
www.swflcorvetteclub.com

Space Coast Vettes
PO Box 360438
Melbourne, FL 32936
Ron Garrison/President
(312) 724-5322
prez@spacecoastvettes.com
www.spacecoastvettes.com

Sting Ray's Corvette Club of South Florida 63' - 67'
5839 NW 66 Way
Parkland, FL 33067
Charlie Burga / President
(954) 599-3925
www.stingrayscorvetteclub.com

Stuart Corvette Club
PO Box 2694
Stuart, FL 34995
Russ Sobczak
(772) 466-5366
www.stuartcorvetteclub.com

Sun'n Fun Vettes
PO Box 272311
Tampa, FL 33688-2311
Jim Stransky
(813) 991-7588
jsstransky@worldnet.att.net

Suncoast Corvette Association
PO Box 425
Clearwater, FL 34617
John Brawders
9799 119th Way N
Seminole, FL 33772
(727) 392-7488
www.suncoastcorvette.com

Sunshine Corvette Club
449 Payne Dr
Miami Springs, FL 33166
www.sunshinecorvetteclub.com

TampaBay Vettes
9435 Larkbunting Drive
Tampa, FL 33647
Tommy Farruggio
(813) 431-9256
tommy.farruggio@tampabayvettes.com
www.tampabayvettes.com

The Vette Set Corvette Club
PO Box 4158
Gainesville, FL 32613-4158
Vern Bean
Beanv@gvillesun.com
Titusville Corvette Club
PO Box 725
Titusville, FL 32781
vette8t7@titusvillecorvetteclub.com
www.titusvillecorvetteclub.com

Vettes "R" Us
3004 Lake Woodward Drive
Eustis, FL 32726
Hart
www.vettesrus.com

Vettes of the Tropics
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
www.vettesofthetropics.com
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2006, 09:12 AM   #7
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I may join a club sooner or later, just not sure yet. I work odd hours so the schedule doesn't always work for me. Some of the shows I go to, I can only stay half a day because of work. Participation for me is the biggest problem.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 10:04 AM   #8
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I tried to join the local club, but the club flubbed things badly by losing my application and then dragging their feet getting it resolved. Then made no real effort at all to try to patch things up afterwards when I admittedly had gotten my dander up about the whole darn thing and just felt soundly SNUBBED by the club brass. Maybe when there is a changing of the guard I will try again....
When I lived in Taxylvaniastan, I bought my first Corvette (after wanting one for 20+ years ) at age 40, figuring my bracket-racing days were behind me, and I did the 'next-logical' thing, I joined the local Corvette Club, with a membership stated at almost 600:
I found an almost high school-ish clique of people, and although I wasn't an 'active'-member, I paid my dues, and participated in some events.

In '04, this Club had access to an exclusive weekend at Dale Earnhardt Inc., in North Carolina, open to 60 Club-members:
after much consideration, I submitted a request to be included in this event, knowing I'd probably been too-late to secure a position, but asked to be put on the 'waiting'-list, in-case somebody cancelled, as the event was still 6 months away.....

I received no confirmation of my request, so I re-sumbitted another, as-well-as sending an E-mail to the Club's Activities Dircetor (whom I'd never met ), asking to be kept in-mind:
the next month, STILL without confirmation, I re-re-submitted my request, and sent ANOTHER E-mail, and this time, I left a phone message for the Activities Director.....

This went on for several months, me sending a request, the Activities Director never contacting me to confirm he'd received it, and the Club's tour of DEI came-and-went.....

2 months later, I am sitting at a Corvette Show, hosted by another Club, and a total stranger walks up to me as I sat in-front of my '82, asking if I belonged to a Corvette Club:
I said that I had belonged to a Club, but would let my membership expire that year because I thought the Club didn't treat it's members very-well.....

The stranger asked my impressions of a particular Club, by-chance the Club I'd belonged-to:
thinking he too was a new Corvette-owner, looking to join a Club, I figured I'd save him the aggravation of joining such a Club, I told him of my attempts to tour the facilities at DEI, and how 'my' Club had treated (or mistreated? ) me, and how the Activities Director of said Club was so-rude, he wouldn't even return my many E-mails or phone calls.....

Finally, in-disgust, the stranger lowered his head, and walked away.....

A few minutes later, a friend of mine, who'd also experienced similar problems with 'our' Club, asked "So what was the Activities Director of OUR Club talking about with you?"

I'd had no-idea of just 'who' he was, and he had probably never been spoken-to like that by a Club-member, but the truth hurts!
Unread 10-22-2006, 10:34 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Sometimes a good dose of reality is just the right thing to bring people back into reality.

"Spoken to like that?"
F**k that!! These are car clubs not the supreme court Who does he think he is/was? Good for you for speaking your mind. Maybe they'll get it together

Some clubs can definately be cliquish. Seems the bigger the club, the better the likelyhood of being lost in the crowd unless the officers and members make a concerted effort to stay in touch.

Our club is big and frankly, I don't know that many of the people personally. I know the pres, and one of the other officers, and a handful of members. Most I've met have been pretty decent people.

Biggest problem, is MY problem I don't make meetings and get involved as I should. Time is a major problem for me. I work most of the time and when I'm not working, I like spending time with my G-daughter who lives with me.

The Vette is a 2 seater of course, not exactly the "family car" and the wife doesn't exactly enjoy riding in the 87 for a variety of reason. Another reason why I'm selling and will later move to a C5 or 6.

If I were more involved, I'd know more people and vice versa. I hope to be better involved this coming year, vette or no vette!

In your case, sounds like a bit of superiority complex by the board members might have been the issue along with the cliques.

Sorry you had such a bad experience, but it certainly looks as though you dealth with it well

Hey, Scott....come join us and you can be a slacker like me
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #10
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
There's the Bay Area Posse too. Good group of folks but you're gonna need some HP and balls to keep up with them enroute to events
Can you tell me more about his group? One of the problems I've had in the past when I tried the club thing for other performance cars is that they were, well, really slow. They would parade, at 5 under the speed limit, to a show where they would park all day, and then drive home. Not my idea of a fun day with the car, but to each their own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some maniac, I'm 52 yo and haven't had a speeding ticket in many, many years. But I do like to avoid holding up traffic, *any* traffic, if you know what I mean, and I like to *drive* - that's why I bought it.
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote