The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Corvette Clubs and Organizations

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Corvette Clubs and Organizations General topics about Florida Corvette clubs

Unread 10-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #11
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Sometimes a good dose of reality is just the right thing to bring people back into reality.

"Spoken to like that?"
F**k that!! These are car clubs not the supreme court.

Who does he think he is/was? Good for you for speaking your mind. Maybe they'll get it together

Some clubs can definately be cliquish. Seems the bigger the club, the better the likelyhood of being lost in the crowd unless the officers and members make a concerted effort to stay in touch.
2 of my best-friends, also middle-aged when they bought their 1st-ever Corvettes, joined that Club, in-spite of my experiences
(their wives had BOTH witnessed my 'conversation' with 'the-stranger' at the out-of-town Show )
and volunteered to help-out at a meeting, held at an 'in-crowd' Club-members rural home:
they were told to 'help-park-cars outside', no Club-official ever introduced them, nor thanked them, during the meeting.....

I ended-up 'joining' the out-of-town, as a show of appreciation for their hospitality, but with my move here up-coming, I didn't re-new my membership for '05, yet they are STILL sending me newsletters, 2 years later.

Last edited by USA-1; 10-29-2006 at 08:56 AM.
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #12
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet
Can you tell me more about his group? One of the problems I've had in the past when I tried the club thing for other performance cars is that they were, well, really slow. They would parade, at 5 under the speed limit, to a show where they would park all day, and then drive home. Not my idea of a fun day with the car, but to each their own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some maniac, I'm 52 yo and haven't had a speeding ticket in many, many years. But I do like to avoid holding up traffic, *any* traffic, if you know what I mean, and I like to *drive* - that's why I bought it.

I'll send you a PM
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #13
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Default Need for speed!

Not all of you are near Brandon Florida, but you need to go with us on a TampaBay Vettes Breakfast Cruise. These guys and girls have no problem exceeding 100 mph plus...now and then. Most of the cruise is at 80 mph plus on back woods roads. We are not saying we are above the law, but the need for speed hits us all.

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-02-2008 at 08:45 AM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #14
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

I'm gonna be there Jim, confirmed last night.

I'm also gonna bring an application with me, incase you all kick as much ass as I suspect you do!
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #15
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default just shooting the breeze

We're in Marion County, where there is a club (out of Ocala).
About a month or so ago I emailed them, and have to date not heard a peep.
Apparently they have all the members they want.

We'd like to join a club, and are still looking, but we're not sure how far we'd want to drive to participate in meetings and such.

The crappy thing is, there's a Vette club right here in the Villages, but you have to live there to be a member. I'm quite sure it's not a "legit" club though.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all work out.
ynkedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 11:46 PM   #16
Mortaci

Name :
Mortaci is on a distinguished road
Default Go Join Marrion County Corvette Club

It's a great group. They have a super car show comming up at Silver Springs Nov. 4th. Call them on the phone get over there to their meeting and join them. Mort Citrus County Corvettes
Mortaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 06:12 AM   #17
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Default MARION CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
We're in Marion County, where there is a club (out of Ocala).
About a month or so ago I emailed them, and have to date not heard a peep.
Apparently they have all the members they want.

We'd like to join a club, and are still looking, but we're not sure how far we'd want to drive to participate in meetings and such.

The crappy thing is, there's a Vette club right here in the Villages, but you have to live there to be a member. I'm quite sure it's not a "legit" club though.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all work out.
I AGREE WITH "MORTACI"....EVEN THO I AM TAMPABAY VETTES WE SUPPORT THEM AND THERE SHOW....WE ARE GOING TO ATTEND THIS SHOW AS WE DO EVERY YEAR. NOT GETTING AN EMAIL RESPONSE DOES NOT MAKE A CAR CLUB.......JOIN!!!....JUMP IN!!!...GET INVOLVED!!!

MARION IS A GOOD CLUB...AND I KNOW THEY SUPPORT "TBV".......
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #18
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

I joined one of the larger Corvette Clubs when I got my 65' last Dec.

I definitely have mixed feelings about it. While it is an extremely active club, some of their "activities" I'm just not interested in, like a "Bagel Run". We've had like four Bagel Runs this year and I don't even care for bagels....

They did put a real nice job on their show in Venice last month.

There is definitely the "high school clique mentality" in the club but I just ignore it. Fortunately, there are some nice, normal members also.

We should be having a rather large turnover in officers after this year and I think that fresh blood holding down offices will be a vast improvement. The current regime is not real big on new ideas and the current President is a control freak which REALLY doesn't sit well with me. Actually so was my not soon enough to be ex-wife....

But the worst thing??? The color of our club shirts. They are the most gay looking peach colored yellow you could ever imagine. I understand the philosphy that the club officers wanted to be "seen" at events, but a normal yellow would have done that just fine without being the laughing stock of all the Florida Corvette clubs. I absolutely refuse to wear it, for ANY reason...

While I have made some friends there, (couple of enemies too), I think that after this year I'll be going north to one of the Sarasota clubs.

Sorry, but bagel runs are just not my style....

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not intended to piss anybody off, just my humble opinion.....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #19
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Quote from Formula outlaw

But the worst thing??? The color of our club shirts. *"They are the most gay looking peach colored yellow you could ever imagine. I understand the philosphy that the club officers wanted to be "seen" at events, but a normal yellow would have done that just fine without being the laughing stock of all the Florida Corvette clubs"
I'm sorry, it just struck me as funny
I do have to agree w/you though. Not sure i's wear the shirt either!
ynkedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #20
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
But the worst thing??? The color of our club shirts. *"They are the most gay looking peach colored yellow you could ever imagine. I understand the philosphy that the club officers wanted to be "seen" at events, but a normal yellow would have done that just fine without being the laughing stock of all the Florida Corvette clubs"
I'm sorry, it just struck me as funny
I do have to agree w/you though. Not sure i's wear the shirt either!

I am not the only one in this club who detests these shirts. I believe that next year this club is going to vote on changing the color.

I remember the first meeting I attended. I drive into this parking lot and BAM, here's over a hundred people wearing these godawful shirts. I didn't know if I was at a Vette club meeting or had accidentally stumbled onto a "Gay Pride" meeting...

DISCLAIMER: The above post is only meant in humor and not intended to piss anybody off..

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 10-29-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote