The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Auto Paint Guard

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Auto Paint Guard Clear Auto Bra – Paint and Headlight Protection!

Unread 01-25-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
Auto Paint Guard
Sponsor

Name :
Auto Paint Guard has disabled reputation
Default Paint and Headlight Protection Info

Hello Corvette Members!!

Below is just a little write up of what I’ve learned in the past 6.5 years of paint protection films and pre-cut kits. I also have installed over 2100 vehicles in the FL area.

Info:
Paint Protection Film (PPF) is a 8 Mil urethane film that stops rock chips, road debri and love bugs from damaging your paint. PPF is now OEM for many manufacturers including BMW, Porsche, Lotus, Ferrari and majority of all of the Coaches. The films in most cases last at least 5 years, depending on how well the film and car was taken care of. I’ll explain how to clean the film below.

Headlight Film comes in many different thicknesses. Lately I’ve been selling 27 mil headlight film which protects your lenses from yellowing, cracking or chipping. Color films are also available as well such as Yellow, Smoke, and Blue.

Design Patterns:
There are many different design companies out there including Xpel, Proform, Stongard, Invinca-Shield, Ultra-Shield and Clear Shield. The leader of the pack is Xpel/Proform who just merged together. Xpel focuses on great coverage for all cars, where as Proform in most cases takes a handful of all of the nice cars and goes the extra step with coverage, Ex. full hoods, and fenders, with wrapped edges. The other company’s patterns are good but have more relief cuts and less coverage over all. Custom designs can also be done by using bulk material and trimming away the edges. Not all installers are comfortable or can do this. I can do customer work if requested.

Films:
There are also many different films which include 3M, Avery, Venture, Clearshield and Llumar. I only sell Top Coat/ Clear Coat Films which adds an extra barrier from sand oils, and other contaminants from embedding into the non top coat film. Clear coat films are also longer lasting and easier cleaning.

3M: 5 year warranty - The 3rd generation film now so far has been great, long lasting, easy care, but does have some downside for the very picky people. 3M can show stretch marks, does have a slight orange peel and is harder to install. In most cases 3M is the way to go even though of its downsides. If you get a fine scratch in the film it can be taken out with rubbing alcohol. If warranty ever occurs 3M pays the installer labor and film costs.

Venture: Lifetime Warranty – Venture last November just came out with a clear coat version. Venture is very very clear with no orange peel, doesn’t show stretch marks and looks fantastic once applied to the car. Downside is since the film is relatively new, longevity is unknown. Cleaning also has to be more regular and scratches if occurred can not be removed. Scratches are hard to do but can happen. Warranty is lifetime but Venture only replaces the film and doesn’t pay the installer for labor.

Avery Top Coat Film: 5 year warranty. Same Characteristics as the Venture. Testing the film as I speak.

Installer:
The installer makes the world of difference. The installer can make the job look great or horrible. Make sure you pick an installer that has lots of experience and will stand behind his work.

Cleaning and Maintenance:
In a perfect world all corvettes would be garage kept and cleaned once a week and waxed once a month, well, at least do this to the bra. I would recommend anyone that has a clear bra, purchase a can of Plexus which is a anti static spray to keep dirt and dust away as well as a cleaner and a polish for the film. This is needed more so on the Venture and the Avery top coat films. For 3M the Plexus works great, but any type of a clear polish will also work. If you ever get dirt or dust build up on the edges use a cloth with rubbing alcohol to clean the edges.

If you have any questions or would like to get a price quote please call or e-mail me. I am located in Tampa and do travel a little.

Thanks
Ryan Burroughs
ww.autopaintguard.com
ryan@autopaintguard.com
Unread 01-25-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

to the site!!!
Unread 01-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Welcome

Welcome from TampaBay Vettes!!!!!

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-02-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Unread 01-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
TyZtoy

Name :
TyZtoy has disabled reputation

Now......... That's what I'm Talking about !!!!!

Unread 01-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

to the site. Glad to have you as a sponsor.

Charter Member #64
Unread 02-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #6
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Hey Ryan, I'm glad to see you finally became a vendor and welcome to the site.
Ryan recently did an awesome install on my new vert about a month ago. It is one of the best investments and mods you can do for your vettes to protext the paint. I would recommend the 3M stuff because of the company's track record and Ryan's recommendation. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you want a reference or have any questions. Mark
Unread 03-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
joelc6

Name :
joelc6 has disabled reputation

Hello Ryan, do you know of anyone in Miami that would know how to do the job, or where I can buy the clear bra. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you time.
J
Unread 03-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #8
Auto Paint Guard
Sponsor

Name :
Auto Paint Guard has disabled reputation

Hello. Sure, there are several down there. If you go to www.xpel.com and type in your zip code a list of installers will appear. I think a company called SuperAutoShield does awesome work.

Thanks
Unread 04-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #9
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Just met Ryan today and finally got the bumper and hood kits installed on my 01 Corvette. It blends in great with the Pewter color
and in the sun, you really had to look for the line.
Now will wait and see how it holds up.
Job well done
Unread 04-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #10
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the board!

What is the price range on something like this?