The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 11-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #11
mrr23
The Alignment Guy

Name : Robert J Hinton
mrr23 is on a distinguished road

https://www.teaparty.org/breaking-br...allots-332757/
Unread 11-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
https://100percentfedup.com/fort-lau...tal-car-trunk/

pretty sure this is all just a ploy to slow down the results. just like the box found at the school. all plants to sow discourse and possibly force a recount or runoff
No, that isn't suspicious in the least. Just a normal thing to have happen during an election.........
Unread 11-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #13
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
I'm thinking seriously of changing my party affiliation to DEMOCRAT. Seems like it comes with an automatic GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card or something. No matter what you do.
Unread 11-19-2018, 02:35 AM   #14
Rich Z

If the news I am seeing is correct (after all it IS CNN and ABC news), it appears that both Gillum and Nelson have finally called off the recounts and lawsuits, and conceded their respective election disputes.

And, Brenda Snipes has turned in her resignation as Broward County Supervisor of Elections.
Unread 11-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #15
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I guess I don't understand. When Connie and I go to the polls, we have to show our voter registration card and a driver's license before we even get a ballot. Our names are checked off on a list of eligible voters in our district/precinct.

Isn't that true all across the state, even in Broward County? A voter needs to prove their eligibility to vote, don't they? And it needs to be able to be verified during an audit or so-called "recount". If a vote by a legitimate voter cannot be verified, then the vote shouldn't count.

And isn't there a deadline for votes to be counted? If that deadline passes, any *new* votes are ineligible to be counted. Otherwise why have a deadline? I could claim next month that I have a ton of uncounted votes in my shed that I didn't notice earlier, otherwise.

Of course, the democrats have already stated that they need to do "whatever it takes" to win.

So if the American public loses faith completely on getting fair elections, what is going to become the only real alternative? Anarchy? Voting via the barrel of a gun? Something else?
Rich, in the DemoKratic Peoples Republik of Massachuetts, all I have to do is walk into my polling place, tell the volunteer what street I live on, then the house number, and finally my name. They cross out my name on the "IN" book, hand me a ballot and I vote. Repeat the process of street, number, and name on my way out, They again cross out my name on the "OUT" book, then I deposit the ballot into the machine. I can not remember EVER having to show any form of ID as long as I've lived here.
Be careful about switching over to "the other party". I'm starting to call Democrats and Liberals "Undocumented Assholes", and I like you too much to have you fall into that category! LMAO
Andy
By the way, (just as an FYI) I've been having problems getting the "smilies" into my posts. Don't know if anything is wrong on the server end, or my end, but there is a problem.
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #16
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
Rich, in the DemoKratic Peoples Republik of Massachuetts, all I have to do is walk into my polling place, tell the volunteer what street I live on, then the house number, and finally my name. They cross out my name on the "IN" book, hand me a ballot and I vote. Repeat the process of street, number, and name on my way out, They again cross out my name on the "OUT" book, then I deposit the ballot into the machine. I can not remember EVER having to show any form of ID as long as I've lived here.
Be careful about switching over to "the other party". I'm starting to call Democrats and Liberals "Undocumented Assholes", and I like you too much to have you fall into that category! LMAO
Andy
By the way, (just as an FYI) I've been having problems getting the "smilies" into my posts. Don't know if anything is wrong on the server end, or my end, but there is a problem.
Seems to me it is only logical and prudent that people voting to influence the direction of this country with their votes should be required to prove they have the legal right to do such. If a person has not gone through the steps to become a legitimate citizen of this country, then by what right do they think that should be able to tell US how OUR country should be run?

As for the posting of smilies, heck, I dunno. I don't recall ever having any problems posting them here or on my other sites...

Unread 11-20-2018, 04:11 PM   #17
navy2kcoupe

Neat with the smilies!
Still nothing from my end.
Maybe my ad/popup blocker is doing it.
I'll have to check.
Andy
Unread 11-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #18
navy2kcoupe

trying the smilies again.....

This is with Safari. When I'm using Firefox the smilies won't show up.
Gotta be the ad/popup blocker.
Problem understood, but I ain't gonna remove the blocker from Firefox.
Maybe I can Whitelist CorvetteFlorida ...............
Andy
Unread 11-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #19
Rich Z

I used FireFox for a while, but had problems with slowness on some pages, particularly YouTube, so I went with Google Chrome instead. So far it seems to work the best for me of all the browsers I have tried. But they all seem to have their own little idiosyncrasies.