The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 11-08-2018, 07:04 PM   #31
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Few people hold on to their vehicles more than three years these days. That's why the lifetime warranty works for the parts houses and the dealers. It's a numbers game.
That was the way i was for years. I was doing it every 3 months years ago trying out everything. This C6 is a 2013 with 26k miles looks new. But with no cats and headers i don't think a dealer would buy it. But i do have all the factory parts that could go back on and it could be detuned back to factory.

But i love the car and the power it makes so i will hang onto it as long as i can.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #32
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Few people hold on to their vehicles more than three years these days. That's why the lifetime warranty works for the parts houses and the dealers. It's a numbers game.
I don't believe we have ever had a vehicle that we kept for less than 5 years, and many for at least 10 years, new or used. My biggest concern is that replacement parts will just become completely unavailable, unless I want to dig through a junk yard to "pick and pull".

Never much felt the pull of getting a new vehicle just to have a new vehicle. We need a good reason to move onto a "new" vehicle.

Heck, I think I need to buy new tires for the vettes, not because they are getting worn out, but because they are getting so old that the rubber is probably getting hard and brittle.
Unread 11-08-2018, 08:08 PM   #33
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
That was the way i was for years. I was doing it every 3 months years ago trying out everything. This C6 is a 2013 with 26k miles looks new. But with no cats and headers i don't think a dealer would buy it. But i do have all the factory parts that could go back on and it could be detuned back to factory.

But i love the car and the power it makes so i will hang onto it as long as i can.
I sold Connie's 2007 C6 on CraigsList and that worked out pretty well. Dealer's really don't want to give you anything for your vehicle anyway.
Unread 11-08-2018, 09:27 PM   #34
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I don't believe we have ever had a vehicle that we kept for less than 5 years, and many for at least 10 years, new or used. My biggest concern is that replacement parts will just become completely unavailable, unless I want to dig through a junk yard to "pick and pull".

Never much felt the pull of getting a new vehicle just to have a new vehicle. We need a good reason to move onto a "new" vehicle.

Heck, I think I need to buy new tires for the vettes, not because they are getting worn out, but because they are getting so old that the rubber is probably getting hard and brittle.
In my teens and twenties I think I was getting a new car every six months or so. I just wish I had held onto a few of them. In the later years I've held onto some for as much as 13 years. It does get hard to find replacement parts on some of them. I think it's easier to get parts for a 63 Corvette than it is for a 98 Corvette now.
Unread 11-09-2018, 07:17 AM   #35
mrr23
The Alignment Guy

Name : Robert J Hinton
mrr23 is on a distinguished road

https://gm.oemdtc.com/6376/15682-03-...let-corvette/3

15682-03: Special Coverage – Primary Tank Module Flange Fuel And Vapor Leaks – 2007–2009 Cadillac XLR & 2007–2013 Chevrolet Corvette
Unread 11-09-2018, 07:56 AM   #36
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
https://gm.oemdtc.com/6376/15682-03-...let-corvette/3

15682-03: Special Coverage – Primary Tank Module Flange Fuel And Vapor Leaks – 2007–2009 Cadillac XLR & 2007–2013 Chevrolet Corvette
Thanks for that info a lot. I was reading older thread before this recall thing came out. I am going to the dealer this morning.
Unread 11-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #37
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

If is covered and no charge. They start work next Tuse. Still hate to think of my car being taken apart.
Unread 11-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #38
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
If is covered and no charge. They start work next Tuse. Still hate to think of my car being taken apart.
Yeah, I understand the concern. But if would be a LOT worse if you were going to have to fork out the money it would cost you if it was on your dime.

Glad you found that it was covered under a recall.
Unread 11-09-2018, 12:12 PM   #39
Rich Z

This has gotten me thinking that maybe I need to be sniffing around my 2009 Z06 too....
Unread 11-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #40
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
This has gotten me thinking that maybe I need to be sniffing around my 2009 Z06 too....
Get it done before it it too late if you think it needs it. It is 10 years so you are about there.