The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 03-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #11
Kevin @ NARRA
NARRA Track Days

Name :
Kevin @ NARRA has disabled reputation
Default Consider Tracking your Car

If you like Autocross, I hope you consider attending a NARRA driving school at a track. We provide a novice level school for those that would like to learn car control skills needed for the street and the track. Classroom instruction and one on one in car instruction prepares the novice driver to safely and properly track their car.

We also have advanced instruction as well as a racing school. If you are unsure, plan a cruise and to come to Sebring April 25 or 26 to take a look. We'll have races to watch each day right after lunch. There is no charge to watch, walk around and talk to folks.

Log on to www.narraonline.com for more info.

The Corvette is a great track car. Come out and enjoy yours.

Kevin @ NARRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #12
Kevin @ NARRA
NARRA Track Days

Name :
Default Consider Tracking your Car

If you like Autocross, I hope you consider attending a NARRA driving school at a track. We provide a novice level school for those that would like to learn car control skills needed for the street and the track. Classroom instruction and one on one in car instruction prepares the novice driver to safely and properly track their car.

We also have advanced instruction available as well as a racing school. If you are unsure, plan a cruise and to come to Sebring April 25 or 26 to take a look. We'll have races to watch each day right after lunch. There is no charge to watch, walk around and talk to folks.

Log on to www.narraonline.com for more info.

The Corvette is a great track car. Come out and enjoy yours.

Unread 03-31-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Kevin, thanks for the info but from the website it looks like this is a Viper Racing League. I didn't see any tech info for a Corvette. I will try and make it to the event just to watch some fun driving.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #14
Kevin @ NARRA
NARRA Track Days

Name :
Default NARRA and Corvettes

Great question!

NARRA purchased Viper Days last fall and we have added Corvettes to our marketing efforts and think it will be a great mix. It's a natural rivalry. The Corvette info. on the web site will increase as we go along.

We have a class list for Corvettes and award trophies to the fastest times of each class. Corvettes have their own classes and trophies. It's important to have a level playing field. We think the instruction is the most important component of a NARRA event but we also provide competition for those that enjoy that side.

NARRA offers a high end experience with top notch instruction, clear track time and social events to unwind and enjoy the company of fellow drivers. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn to track your car or improve existing skills, I think you'll have a blast at a NARRA event.

First time customers receive a $100 discount!

Unread 04-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #15
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info, I would love to get the car on the road course at Sebring.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #16
Kevin @ NARRA
NARRA Track Days

Name :
Default Corvettes on a Road Course

Autocrossing is a good place to learn car control skills and to learn smooth throttle and brake application. Smooth is king and that experience is golden.
Running a road course will allow you to work on corners over and over and to try different lines without the pressure of making a perfect lap every time.

We look forward to seeing more Corvettes at NARRA events. I should put a warning label on this info. as it's loads of fun and you'll want more once you try it.

We have a check list that will help you prepare for the a track event if anyone is interested.

Unread 04-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #17
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

I'll take a check list. I'm hoping to get my ole C4 to sebring as well. I know my brake fluid is in need of flushing but i'd love to know what else I should check/replace. I checked the site, but how much is it to run at sebring? How much tread depth do you need as well? My rears will probably need to be replaced...unless I can do it after I wear the hell out of them at sebring.

Thanks for the info...my vette is just dying to see some track time.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #18
Kevin @ NARRA
NARRA Track Days

Name :
Default Track checklist

Send an email and I'll forward the check list.

kwilliams@NARRAonline.com

We recommend that all the fluids be changed before a track event. Brake fluid is number one on the list. Brake fluid absorbs moisture over time, dramatically lowering the boiling point. Once the fluid boils, your brake pedal will go to the floor and that's not a good feeling. All street cars should have their brake fluid changed every year or two.

Tires provide the only contact with the track so they are vital. Street tires actually improve performance as they wear. The lower tread depth provides a stiffer tire and will squirm and move around less. We recommend a min. tread depth of 4/32" for street tires. You have to consider the large side loads a tire is under on a road course. The tires do a lot of sliding thru the turns.

Tire age is something else to consider. Anything over 4 years old should not be tracked, unless they have been properly stored. Ozone breaks down rubber over time. The Michelin Pilot Sport is a very good preformance tire if you're looking.

Unread 04-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #19
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Email sent. The Michelin Pilot Sports are exactly the tire I'm looking at. Hoping the pocket book will hold up to them though.

Is the date of the tires on the side wall? I only bought them a year ago so hopefully they are WAY under 4 year old. I know you never know how long they've been on someone's shelf though.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #20
Kevin @ NARRA
NARRA Track Days

Name :
Default Born on Date

Every tire made after 2000 has a "Born on Date". There is a 4 digit code beginning with DOT imprinted on the sidewall that will tell you when the tire was made. Look for the last four numbers in the code. An example would be 0208. The first two digits represent the week and the last two the year. So the 0208 tire was produced during the second week of January 2008.

The DOT recommends replacing all street tires after 5-6 years regardless of tread depth. That gets reduced by a couple of years if the car is not garaged.

Pilot Sports turn over quickly so I doubt you would have an issue. Now you have the code, you can impress everyone at the next meeting and maybe win a bet.