The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 10-16-2015, 12:45 AM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default WTB: Newbie wondering what I should buy with 7.5k

Hi All

I am a newbie to posting here (been lurking awhile but never posted) so please be kind if I made any faux pas!

I have finally saved up about 7.5k from working my BUTT off (lol) to afford my first Vette. I have been looking (drooling) for about a year and a half so have some idea of what is in my price range, (Car Gurus/Hemmings, etc & not much in my price range sadly) but I wanted to follow up my research with some real Corvette enthusiasts and owners who have had possibly many Corvettes and could give me some direction. I live in Northern Virginia. I have surfed Craigslist, Ebay, YouTube and many US dealerships and auctions but now that I am ready to buy, I am scared of getting the wrong one or paying too much! Here is what I basically know I want:

(It will be a daily driver)
Convertible, Targa or T-Tops (non-leaking)
1979-1990
Working A/C (Seems like 50% of the Vette's I inquire about have this removed or not working)
Good interior
Good paint/exterior
Good tires/rims
Under 100k miles
Black, White or Red
No major work needed to make drivable
Possible potential to increase in value despite being daily driver

Preference but flexible on

Numbers matching:
Manual Transmission

Also, not that it matters (or does it?) but I am a female in her 40's and don't want to look like I am trying too hard, if that makes any sense. Classy and sublime is more my style than the hot rodding days of my youth.

Am I dreaming thinking I can find something like this in my price range? (I don't want to work 3 jobs anymore to save even more!) I was thinking so and then I saw PastaMikes's C4, a beautiful car and JUST what I have been looking for but I moved too damn slow! GRRRR. Now it sits in Florida leering at me from the pics the Cap'n posted!

So, guys (and gals)...Some suggestions on WHAT I should be looking for and WHERE I should look for the best price? I am not looking to race so it doesn't need the fastest engine in town but a nice rumble when it starts and some nice pickup at lights would be nice. ;)

Feel free to PM me or post here and thanks in advance from a future new Corvette owner!

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote