• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

1st road trip with the ZO6!!!

1Bad'66

The Mrs and I are heading to Port Saint Lucie tomorrow to check out HGTV's Green Home. I'm pretty excited because this will be my 1st 'real' road trip with the Z. It's about a 3 hour run up there from Naples. Looking forward to this!

Anyone know of anything I should see/stop by on the way to or from?

I'll post up some pics later this week!

Been a long time since I've driven around Lake Okeechobee, but it used to be a real nice drive. I hope the east coast development hasn't encroached on that area yet. I still like taking all the smaller more scenic roads I can find when going anywhere. The highways are just so boring....

Coming back sounds like it'll put her in her element!:thumbsup:
Have fun:dancer01:

Yeah, gonna have to wait for next weekend or so! See below:

Does the top come off the new Z's?

No, the roof is fixed.

Been a long time since I've driven around Lake Okeechobee, but it used to be a real nice drive. I hope the east coast development hasn't encroached on that area yet. I still like taking all the smaller more scenic roads I can find when going anywhere. The highways are just so boring....

It is still pretty wide open. A nice ride!

OK, OK, the meat and potatoes from today!

OK guys, there was a slight change of plans, but I still got a road trip in! We got a late start so we decided to go somewhere a little closer. Took a 2+ hour trip up to Boca Grande and Gasparilla Island. It was a nice run. Burnt a tank of fuel! (I got about 22mpg on the hwy @ 82mph again today)

It was a pretty cool day. Both towns are just sleepy little coastal (Gulf of Mexico and Charlotte Harbour) fishing villages. Here are some pics...

In back of me on the way up there:
DSCN4941.jpg

DSCN4944.jpg

DSCN4946.jpg

DSCN4949.jpg

Downtown Boca Grande:
DSCN4950.jpg

Where we had lunch--Grouper sandwiches!!! Thumbsup.jif Mmmmmm!
DSCN4957.jpg

Yes, that is a real Tarpon over the counter, caught right there in Boca Grande Pass, they have a huge Tarpon tournament there every year.

DSCN4964.jpg

DSCN4960.jpg

DSCN4962.jpg

DSCN4969.jpg

I thought this was a cool photo op, under the Banyan trees:
DSCN4970.jpg

DSCN4971.jpg

DSCN4973.jpg

DSCN4974.jpg

DSCN4976.jpg

Bad @ss Lamborghini Reventon on the way home:
DSCN4977.jpg

We will be heading up to the Green Home in 2 weeks. Next weekend: Key West trip! I can't wait to go over the 7 mile bridge in the Z and get some good pics and maybe some video!

:dancer01:

Nice pics!

One thing I have noticed about the Corvettes is that when you go over bridges, the guardrails sort of block most of the view to the sides. Never noticed that in my other vehicles..... :hehehe:

But looking at these pics sure gave me the itch to do some travelling around the state. Just not in the cards for the near term, though.

Love Boca too:thumbsup:
Looks like a very nice day overall:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was a great daytrip for some good lunch!!! A nice drive...

Nice pics!

One thing I have noticed about the Corvettes is that when you go over bridges, the guardrails sort of block most of the view to the sides. Never noticed that in my other vehicles..... :hehehe:

But looking at these pics sure gave me the itch to do some travelling around the state. Just not in the cards for the near term, though.

Thanks! Yeah, we are awful low in these things...had a VW rabbit sitting next to me @ a light and it looked big!! LOL

Back