The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 03-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
WARHORSE

Name :
WARHORSE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME View Post
Its ok...

GM pulled 20 VIN #'s off the assembly line and desiganted them the "R" for race car and the kits were only available to pro race teams such as
"Pratt and Miller corvettes that run the ALMS series" and the other teams that run the Motorola cup and Speed world challenge.

You basically got the frame, drivetrain and everything else was deleted. If I am not mistaken back in 01 the kit cost $25k just for those pieces. The rest was hand built.
Cool, My C3R is similair, its was sold to a race team as a frame w some other pieces and the race team used Greenwood and GM parts to build it up

In the series I run in like track days, NASA, HSR the driver is about 70% of the equation

In my Z06 Ive dispatched Porsche Carrera GTs, GT3RS, a ZR1, and tons of Ferraris . Its the very rare driver that gets by my Z06 in a road car
WARHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote