The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 05-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #1
canesfins

Name :
canesfins has disabled reputation
Default Front End Mods

So, in reparing my wrecked Z, I am thinking of a Tiger Shark front fasia with a Motor City Mold hood. Also considering C5R headlights with HIDs, but this might be too pricey. What would you guys do if you essentially must rebuild your entire front end?
canesfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 12:43 AM   #2
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Love the Tiger Shark front fasia and the Motor City Mold hood. Then you'll have room for a Magna Charger!! I personally like the flip lights better than the C5R's. Wouldn't mind some HID's though, just don't care for the style of the C5R's. I like the C6 headlights. Good luck with your repairs. Hope I never am involved in a collision ............Tom
Unread 05-20-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
3318C5

Name :
3318C5 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile
Love the Tiger Shark front fasia and the Motor City Mold hood. Then you'll have room for a Magna Charger!! I personally like the flip lights better than the C5R's. Wouldn't mind some HID's though, just don't care for the style of the C5R's. I like the C6 headlights. Good luck with your repairs. Hope I never am involved in a collision ............Tom
I agree, the hood and front facia would be a must! Motor city makes to hoods the supercharger version and the regular version. Keep this in mind for future mods.....

As far as the C5R lights, I love them but they are $$$$$...

03 An Ed M6
Mods=A lot...
3318C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I like the tiger shark front fascia and the motor city hood is nice. I'm not a fan of the C5R headlights. I like these much better. Available in chrome or black.

http://www.vette-hid.com/

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
3318C5

Name :
3318C5 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
I like the tiger shark front fascia and the motor city hood is nice. I'm not a fan of the C5R headlights. I like these much better. Available in chrome or black.

I had not seen those; very nice. However, I still have trouble dropping $1500 on lights....

03 An Ed M6
Mods=A lot...
3318C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #6
MADN3SS

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3318C5
I had not seen those; very nice. However, I still have trouble dropping $1500 on lights....
Not that it makes much of a difference, but they do group purchases on Corvette Forum that run $1200. I guess every little bit helps. His username is NOT MEE.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
Unread 05-20-2006, 09:35 AM   #7
EatRice

Name :
EatRice has disabled reputation

I have the Motor City Mold hood and the Tigershark nose....both pieces are awesome. Fantastic fit and finish. I have had also had BPP non pop up head lights and C5R head lights from Specter Works...both are junk. Sp many issues with both light kits. I know have stock head lights but with the vette-hid.com upgrade. Their kit is one of the best kits I have ever seen. If you want serious light output along with excellent fit and finish the vette-hid.com kit is the only way to go.
EatRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

What's the going price to have a hood painted? Mine has so many little rock chips in it that I may just replace the hood one of these days. I don't know how the guy drove it before I got it, but I think he followed to closely to too many dump trucks.

Would make sense to get one that would have room for a SC while I am at it..... Just in case....
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #9
MADN3SS

Name :

Found these while looking around. They look similar to the Vette HID's for $500 less. HID components are made by Philips. Available in Black and Chrome as well. Can't tell you anything else about them.

After clicking link, HID lighting is last selection on left.
http://www.tbyrne.com/c5catalog.html

Unread 05-20-2006, 03:16 PM   #10
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS

Thanks for the tip. If the C5's temperamental electrical system can handle those, I might just be interested. MADN3SS, do you have them and have they created any issues? C5's are so fussy about electrical changes. There are several changes I'd like to make, but I've been a little shy about it. I'd love to install the "CORVETTE" third taillight. Don't know where to get them, but I like them. I like the sequential turn signals too.
These are simple mods I'd like to do. One of these days ...........Tom