The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 04-27-2006, 01:06 AM   #11
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjack
I can PM you Tom's # if you want to talk to him about a price for a tune. Really don't want to get into Tom or Greg's pricing, they set it.

Jack
I can respect that. Hadn't given it a thought. You're right, thanks.......Tom
Unread 04-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #12
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGel
FRC Tom from Z06vette.com i heard he is the man, he is located in Tampa. He's going to be at the Z06 Fest in July. I email him a few times for a tune when my hearders are install this week or the next or ask IV0.

I was gonna say the same thing. I bought a Hypertech that did not work. I will be setting up a time with FRC TOM to get my car programmed. I have heard good things about him.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well earlier this morning I was talking with the vette tech (Shane) who works on my car at Champion Chevrolet and we got to talking about this tuning stuff. He highly recommended the Diablo Predator and the more I thought about it the more I think I am better off with something like that. The PC based tuners are more powerful and comprehensive, but they also allow you to get yourself into hot water as well. Quite honestly, I just don't have the knowledge or skill level to put one of them to optimum use anyway, and I don't think it would be a good idea to try a whole lot of shoot in the dark experimentation.

I'm not really inclined to get a dyno tune at the moment, I guess mostly because I'm not interested in WOT performance as much as I am seat of the pants low and mid range performance.

Now the latest revision of the Predator does not VIN lock the unit to your car. Once you put the regular stock tune back in your vehicle, it can be used on ANY vehicle within it's design range. It is ONLY VIN locked when you download the optional tunes into your vehicle. VIN locking was one of the major sticking points I had with buying one, which now appears to be resolved. And all of the other sideline functions will work on those other vehicles regardless. Shane mentioned that he found a place on the web selling them for $319 with a 30 day money back guarantee AND free shipping, so what the heck. I just ordered one. I also ordered the optional PC interface as well.

So we'll see. Of course, if I use it on my wife's Silverado and give at a performance tune and she LIKES it, she may confiscate it from me.

If anyone is interested in checking these out, here's where I am getting mine from -> http://www.concoursdirect.com/99gmgasveprp.html
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote