The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default FS (For Sale) Track-Ready 2001 C5Z [Boca Raton]

After moving to a new job, I have less time to get to the track, so it's time to part with my trusty 2001 Z06, which I've owned since 2016. Quicksilver Metallic over Black. Clean FL title.

Records I got with the car indicate that the original motor was hydrolocked (yay bottom-feeder intake and torrential Florida rain) and replaced by prior owner with a 405hp LS6 at 62k miles (chassis has 102k). I haven't touched the internals of the engine, just a tune, Elite Engineering catch can, and the prior owner's Borla cat-back and K&N panel filter (cleaned and re-oiled, obviously). Currently wearing new 18x11 APEX EC-7 wheels with 315/30 R888Rs at all 4 corners (one track day at Sebring); it will also come with an old set of 17" CCW track wheels with 315 Nitto NT05s and the stock C5Z Alcoa wheels with Falken summer tires.

It's prepped for hot weather track use (HPDEs at Sebring), including aluminum radiator, external oil cooler with Lingenfelter adapter, 180 thermostat, and upgraded clutch with external bleeder (I don't remember the specifics, I think it's a Tilton twin-disc; pedal is very firm). Brakes are stock calipers, stainless lines with Motul 600, Centric blanks and track pads (currently EBC blue up front because I couldn't get my usual XP12s before my last track day; XP10 rears). Suspension is stock C5Z leaf springs, C6Z shocks, VBP/Vansteel poly control arm bushings, AMT camber kit, new HD ball joints, tie rod ends, OEM power steering bushing, etc. B&M short shifter was on the car when I bought it, and I added an Elite Engineering tunnel plate and insulation to cut down on heat coming through the transmission tunnel. The stock driver seat had worn through the left bolster and I got sick of jabbing myself on the metal frame sticking out, so I had thrown in a Braum fixed-back sport seat (same design as Recaro Sportster GT) with a Planted slider as a temporary solution until I got a harness bar and actual race seat; new owner gets both.

Random maintenance stuff since I've had the car: Optima Yellow Top, brass headlight gears, multifunction stalk, new VATS key, column lock bypass, steering wheel position sensor, radiator brace (with extra skids), new lower air dam plastic/rubber pieces, AC compressor, brand new accessory belt and tensioner (replaced in the pit at Sebring between sessions at my last track day :rolleyes:).

Known issues: removed flaccid driver's sun visor (never got around to rebuilding and reupholstering it, the guts are around somewhere); passenger door weather seal leaks at B-pillar (common problem; car is stored indoors and never driven in the rain); resistor for driver's side LED turn signal bulb needs to be re-wired (fast blinking); brake rotors are probably ready to be replaced; doesn't get tracked nearly enough.

$22k to a good home.​​

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote