The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 10-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default [FEELER] WTT 99 Porsche Boxster for C5

Hey guys,

I'm playing with the thought of trading my 1999 Porsche boxster for a C5 ... I've been a long time admirer of corvettes!

It's a 1999 matte black Porsche Boxster, with a 5 speed manual transmission, 92,XXX miles on the body, with about 16,XXX on the 2.5L M96 engine. Porsche had a problem with the M96 engine - what they called "IMS failure", which caused catastrophic engine failure in a fair amount of boxsters. This happened to the PO, who had a new engine put in with the IMS retrofit (fix) so the engine has approx 16k. CD player, leather seats automatic seats, 17 inch alloy rims, remote key, exhaust, custom short shifter, de-snorkled (removes some air baffles to make it sound more throaty), new rear tires, blows cold/hot air.

Now for the bad ...

It has a rebuilt title from Florida. It was involved in a front end collision but did not result in any frame damage at all. It has a strange paint job, I personally LOVE matte black, my last 2 cars have been matte black, it is why I jumped on this boxster. However, matte black is not for everyone. I'm not sure who painted the car, but it is painted with a light texture, I liken it to a very thin sprayed bed liner - but the PO said it was automotive paint. The front tires are due to be replaced, I'll probably be replacing them very soon, so maybe I'll beat you to that :) And last, the convertible top doesn't work automatically, it needs a new cable, and two metal connector pieces. It didn't bother me at all, because putting the top down manually is very easy - but the motor is still good. It's not a garage queen, and has a few imperfections seen in the photos.

Just trying to gauge interest, if there is some - I'll upload some more pictures.

WA state title, located in New Orleans, LA. I'm willing to drive this puppy to a new home.

I'm looking to trade for a C5 +cash from me, or if anyone wants to flat out purchase this let me know, then I'll spend that on a C5 :)

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote