The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 07-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Ashur Conrad
Editor CorvetteMafia News

Name : Ashur Conrad
Ashur Conrad has disabled reputation
Default “He’s either got team orders or he’s a dumbass!”

Leighton Reese doesn't hold back in his interview on Corvette Mafia's Vette Chat about his feelings towards Adam Christodoulou.

Pt 1

http://corvettemafia.com/?p=4514

Pt 2 and 3 are uploading now. Corvette Florida is repped in the 3rd part.

Thanks and enjoy.

-Ashur
Unread 07-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Ashur Conrad

Part three is up with Shadow's question answered.

Enjoy

-Ashur
Unread 07-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur Conrad View Post
Part three is up with Shadow's question answered.

Enjoy

-Ashur
I just listened the entire interview and frankly, was a bit dissapointed.

The interviewer did a great job

The interviewee (Reese) left a LOT to be desired

In part 2 he's whining about weight and how the Corvette slides and get's slippery in the turns and how it'll slide out (I'll use the term "ass out" for reference) in the turns. (note: this becomes relevant later in my commentary)
In part 3, when addressing my question, he starts condescening commentary on how "this is not just turning into your driveway", begins describing "drifitng" and "Apexing" and how the Mazda driver should have ben this and that...blah blah blah.....

Maybe I didn't make my question clear enough for him, or maybe, he's just too single focused to answer it straight up?

I wasn't discussing "drift" and that should have be obvious, even in his POV.

Look at the video.

It appears as the Corvette team enters the turn, the rear of the Corvette get's (in his words) "slippery" and goes into a rear slide (in my words) "ass out" in the corner.

Regardless of where "he thinks" the Mazda team "should have been", from the viewers POV (thus the request for additional video footage), it appears the Mazda was at the right rear quarter of the Corvette teams car (enter situational/track awareness).

When the vette starts to slide, forward momentum is slowed (yes, even we "non-professional race car driver types" can figure that one out). The Mazda, already committed to the turn, had no where else to go except into the Corvette teams car (unless Mr. Reese would rather him go into the dirt or try to go left possibly causing a larger crash?).

It is possible, even "reasonable" that heavier braking on the part of the Mazda driver might have assisted in minimizing the effect or the incident in general. It may have even avoided the contact? But again, with the video available, it's difficult to tell?

In summary, it appears the Corvette team driver momentarily lost traction and thus some control of his car on the track.

It appears the Corvette team driver laced situational awareness on the track at that particular moment, an unfortunate situation.

The Mazda team driver may not have applied sufficient braking to avoid the impact.

The two teams made momentary contact resulting in damage to the Corvette teams car.

Is there an vendetta?

Of course there's a vendetta. that much is obvious!

That question was pretty well answered by Reese earlier in the interviews where he talks about bringing it to them (or words to that effect) and mentions that "if he had a back up car....."
What does he expect?
With the attitude he's displayed, I'm not sure I'd want to come to thier trailer after a race either without back up?

Essentially, I found his tap-dancing to be comical, more politician than sportsman, and his excessive whining about the rules and the other team to be childish.
Did he not know the rules prior to entering the challenge? Only a fool would do that, and I don't think he's a fool.

So why complain about the "unfairness" now?

Finally, again, the interviewer did a fine job.
The thing lacking in the interview IMO, was as with my question, a clarification by the interviewer when he (Reese) went off on "drifting", although in retrospect, I should have done that myself.
And the interviewer should have posed the question to him again. Is there additional video available that is clearer or a more precise angle?

Reese NEVER answered the crux of the question

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Ashur Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I just listened the entire interview and frankly, was a bit dissapointed.

The interviewer did a great job

The interviewee (Reese) left a LOT to be desired

In part 2 he's whining about weight and how the Corvette slides and get's slippery in the turns and how it'll slide out (I'll use the term "ass out" for reference) in the turns. (note: this becomes relevant later in my commentary)
In part 3, when addressing my question, he starts condescening commentary on how "this is not just turning into your driveway", begins describing "drifitng" and "Apexing" and how the Mazda driver should have ben this and that...blah blah blah.....

Maybe I didn't make my question clear enough for him, or maybe, he's just too single focused to answer it straight up?

I wasn't discussing "drift" and that should have be obvious, even in his POV.

Look at the video.

It appears as the Corvette team enters the turn, the rear of the Corvette get's (in his words) "slippery" and goes into a rear slide (in my words) "ass out" in the corner.

Regardless of where "he thinks" the Mazda team "should have been", from the viewers POV (thus the request for additional video footage), it appears the Mazda was at the right rear quarter of the Corvette teams car (enter situational/track awareness).

When the vette starts to slide, forward momentum is slowed (yes, even we "non-professional race car driver types" can figure that one out). The Mazda, already committed to the turn, had no where else to go except into the Corvette teams car (unless Mr. Reese would rather him go into the dirt or try to go left possibly causing a larger crash?).

It is possible, even "reasonable" that heavier braking on the part of the Mazda driver might have assisted in minimizing the effect or the incident in general. It may have even avoided the contact? But again, with the video available, it's difficult to tell?

In summary, it appears the Corvette team driver momentarily lost traction and thus some control of his car on the track.

It appears the Corvette team driver laced situational awareness on the track at that particular moment, an unfortunate situation.

The Mazda team driver may not have applied sufficient braking to avoid the impact.

The two teams made momentary contact resulting in damage to the Corvette teams car.

Is there an vendetta?

Of course there's a vendetta. that much is obvious!

That question was pretty well answered by Reese earlier in the interviews where he talks about bringing it to them (or words to that effect) and mentions that "if he had a back up car....."
What does he expect?
With the attitude he's displayed, I'm not sure I'd want to come to thier trailer after a race either without back up?

Essentially, I found his tap-dancing to be comical, more politician than sportsman, and his excessive whining about the rules and the other team to be childish.
Did he not know the rules prior to entering the challenge? Only a fool would do that, and I don't think he's a fool.

So why complain about the "unfairness" now?

Finally, again, the interviewer did a fine job.
The thing lacking in the interview IMO, was as with my question, a clarification by the interviewer when he (Reese) went off on "drifting", although in retrospect, I should have done that myself.
And the interviewer should have posed the question to him again. Is there additional video available that is clearer or a more precise angle?

Reese NEVER answered the crux of the question

Gordon
All good points for sure, and I admit I did let him off the hook a bit, in the back of my mind I was thinking it was a long interview so that may have caused my momentary lapse. Three parts to upload to youtube did not make me happy.

Thank you for the comments, they are appreciated.

keep'em coming.

-Ashur
Unread 07-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
All good points for sure, and I admit I did let him off the hook a bit, in the back of my mind I was thinking it was a long interview so that may have caused my momentary lapse. Three parts to upload to youtube did not make me happy.

Thank you for the comments, they are appreciated.

keep'em coming.

-Ashur
Well, if you don't cut him some slack, you might not get another interview with him.

hell, look at Obama.

You did well

Remember:

Unread 07-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Ashur Conrad

I have been in contact with Adam Christodoulou and he may consider coming on the show to reply to Leighton's comments.

I'll keep you posted.

-Ashur
Unread 07-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
I have been in contact with Adam Christodoulou and he may consider coming on the show to reply to Leighton's comments.

I'll keep you posted.

-Ashur
Now that would be cool!!

(and I'd have the same question for him-only clarified)

Remember: