The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 03-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Arrow Saturday March 21st- Strawberry Classic Car Show

To: Corvette Car Clubs
Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce
Subject: Plant City Corvette Car Show

We would like to take this opportunity to invite members of your club to participate in our Strawberry Classic Car Show on March 21, 2009. While our monthly shows are for 1984 and older antique, classic, hot rod, & low rider cars and trucks, however, the show on the 21st will feature and welcome all Corvette vehicles, from the early models to the current production. We have reserved the south parking lot at the corner to South Palmer Street and Martin Luther King, Jr., Boulevard for the featured vehicles. The show is from 4 – 9 PM with registration beginning at 3 PM. There will be over 20 vendors and sponsors on the streets and in McCall Park. Downtown restaurants and shops stay open late for the event. Entertainment will be provided by the musical group, Stan & Elaine, with performances at 6 and 7 PM. Bring your family and friends as this is a great family event.

The show takes place in historic downtown Plant City surrounding McCall Park and the old train depot. For those attending and using GPS, the event area address is 102 North Palmer Street, Plant City, FL 33563.

For additional information you may call the Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce, 813-754-3707 or 800-760-2315.

We look forward to meeting you on March 21st and at future car shows.

Thank you.

Strawberry Classic Car Show Committee

Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce

JIM
Hope to see some of you there..Want to show off the new Z06.
Attached Images

Unread 03-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Show Plant City

Are any of you all going to this show???...I would hate to be alone!!
JIM
Unread 03-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

..... we have friends in-town from Pittsburgh, and had planned-on taking them with us this Saturday evening before we realized that any year Corvette is allowed.
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
..... we have friends in-town from Pittsburgh, and had planned-on taking them with us this Saturday evening before we realized that any year Corvette is allowed.
And what would ya be meanin by them there words?
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL View Post
Are any of you all going to this show???...I would hate to be alone!!
JIM
Deb has plans for me on Saturday but I am gonna try and talk her into it.
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
And what would ya be meanin by them there words?
although we're close-by, we've never had the opportunity (fiancee's work-schedule) in the 2+ years we've lived here to make the 3rd-Saturday-of-the-month Car Show in Plant City:
with friends in-town (who own an immaculate '80 and a '98), we thought we'd take them with us..... the fact that it should draw many Corvettes (being open to any model year) is an unknown & added bonus.

USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :

OK, I've got it now... I hope to see ya there.
Unread 03-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #8
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

I'm thinkin "Goldie" just may find her way there too.

Ken
Unread 03-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
I'm thinkin "Goldie" just may find her way there too.

Ken
I am going to try and drag Deb away from the house for this show. She is in this "spring cleaning" thing and has my weekend planned with funstuff like "cleaning the pool deck" and "cleaning out the gutters" and if I have time, "pressure washing the house", so we can get ready for painting.

Yee Haw, I can't wait.
Unread 03-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #10
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default OK I'm going to break my tradition of.......

never saying anything negative but ...... Carrie and I in "Goldie" arrived in downtown Plant City at right at 1600 for the show. First, let me step back and say if you had arrived at the show location at maybe noon, set up a tent and waited for the chaos to begin, you'd probably been just fine, however , the designated parking area for Vettes was full and simply barricaded off with no alternative parking area. As a matter of fact every farkin parking area was loaded in the most chaotic manner I have ever seen.

The Vette area had Camero's, other Chebbys and an assortment of muscle cars.

Silly me I watched for someone in charge (or at least pretending to be) but alas none was ever found (did I say ever found, I mean ever, ever found).

As we drove home from Plant City, never having stopped, thoughts crossed my mind, mostly analogies actually, like it reminded me of the 74 car pile up on I-4, or a soccer game gone crazy in South America or a train wreck, or the sinking of the Titanic or an avalanche, (or just use your imagination).

Plant City LEO's did their best to direct traffic but cars were parked in places you would just not believe. It was the most classic "Charlie Foxtrot" I have seen in years.

To my brothers with Vettes and others who attend on a regular basis, I'm glad you have this mess figured out.

To the organizers, if any ever existed, gang you need to do some serious work. That was a mess of biblical proportions.

I wish to offend no one but damn that was a mess and I'm sure you wont miss "Goldies" absence next month.

Ken