The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 12-13-2018, 01:06 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default 2004 Commemorative Z16 Speedline wheels w/tires $1,000

First the history of these wheels. Back in June of 2011 a guy out of St. Petersburg offered these for sale when he wrecked the Camaro he had them on. Apparently he bought them used labelled as Cray wheels (because that is what the wheel caps said), but come to find out that they are actually GM Speedlines made in 2004 for the Commemorative Z16 Corvette. I replaced the Cray caps with the real articles when I bought them from him the first week of July.

He had them labeled as "flawless" and "perfect", but no, they were not. Close, but there are some marks on the inside lips of the rims, and very small marks here and there on the outside surfaces. But nothing that most people would notice without sticking their faces up to the wheels, I think.

The wheels are the stock size for a C5 Z06:
  • Front - 17x9.5
  • Rear - 18x10.5

The tires on them (and still are) are as follows:
  • Front - Sumitomo HTR Z III 255/40ZR17 94Y
  • Rear - BF Goodrich g-Force T/A 295/35ZR18 99Y

So yeah, the tires are a bit over 7 years old. The guy told me that they were brand new on the car when he had the accident that totaled his Camaro. And heck, I haven't driven the car all that much, so it's more a matter of age of the tires than any sort of wear. I can see very small cracks in the rubber at the tread line, but you really have to look for them.

The major reason I bought these was because I had the car at South Georgia Corvette at the time, and Aaron Scott was complaining that the tires on the car then were old and hardened up, so it was difficult to keep them on the dyno with spinning. So I felt like I should do something, and this seemed like a good solution. However, it was all for nothing, because Aaron never did put the new wheels and tires on the car. In hindsight, I believe he had in mind selling me some tires himself. So I didn't put the newer ones on till I actually brought the car back home.

The reason I am selling them is because I went with 18 inch front wheels/tires and 19 inch rear wheels/tires very recently. Bought Cray Manta wheels with Michelin tires. I had decided a while back that I wanted to replace the wheels and tires as a package with some aftermarket wheels, so that is what I did.

Never did any burnouts with those tires, but I have had the rear tires break traction a few times. Pictures will show that they still have a good amount of tread on them, but I wouldn't recommend thinking they were going to be worth keeping on a car for much longer.

BTW, these wheels and tires are MUCH lighter than the new stuff I put on the car. These front wheels/tires are 23.25 lbs lighter EACH, and the rears are 11.25 lbs lighter than the Cray and Michelins I put on. So I would imagine these wheels would be excellent for anyone weight conscious concerning unsprung weight.

Anyway, before I get to the pics (which I took a BUNCH of), I am asking $1,000 for the set. Would prefer pickup here near Tallahassee, FL, but if needed, can meet someone half way that is within a few hours driving time. Or further if it is someplace that would be interesting for Connie and I to visit. Not really interested in shipping them, but if necessary, I would have to find out what they would cost you. I do have the boxes that those Cray wheels and the tires came in, but have no idea what shipping would be.

If someone wants only the wheels, then I would have to pass through the cost of having the tires removed from the wheels by a local tire shop. Again, that is a cost that will need to be determined.

Anyway, I'm guessing that there really aren't a lot of these wheel sets still floating around. From what I have read, there were only 2,025 Z16s made in 2004, so I would guess there weren't many wheel sets made neither. And BTW, these wheels were made in Italy. Not in China like so much stuff is made today.

And from what I can tell, these are a polished aluminum with a clear coat of paint over top of that finish.

Please contact me via private message on this site. Or you can use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page, which will get to me as well.

So now for the pics, that will be spread out over several replies in this thread.

Unread 12-13-2018, 01:08 AM   #2
Rich Z

Front Wheels:

Unread 12-13-2018, 01:09 AM   #3
Rich Z

Rear Wheels:

Unread 12-13-2018, 01:10 AM   #4
Rich Z

Front Wheels:

Unread 12-13-2018, 01:12 AM   #5
Rich Z

Rear Wheels:

Unread 12-13-2018, 01:14 AM   #6
Rich Z

Tires Front:

Unread 12-13-2018, 01:15 AM   #7
Rich Z

Tires Rear:

Unread 12-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #8
Rich Z

I know I didn't make this clear in the post above, so I need to do so here.

The sale price is really for the wheels alone, along with the caps. The tires are for free. One reason is because I don't believe they will be of any use to anyone long term, and secondly, I really don't feel like hauling them to a shop to get the tires unmounted and taking up a whole day getting it done. And if someone decides they do want them boxed up and shipped, the tires will protect the wheels a whole lot better than not having the rubber wrapped around them.

Just wanted to clarify that while I was thinking about it.

Last edited by Rich Z; 01-22-2019 at 04:10 AM.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #9
JG2001

Name :
JG2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Interested, Not Local

I know you're not really interested in shipping them but if something changes please contact me.

Thanks,
Josh
JG2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2019, 11:21 PM   #10
Rich Z

Well, I ran the figures through UPS's website, and shipping would cost you approximately $70 per box. I just didn't think anyone would want to pay that much for shipping. But if that will work for you, I will haul them down to the local UPS shipping portal and ship them to you.

If you want to run the figures yourself, I measured the 4 boxes (27x27x13) and have the weight of the heaviest wheel and tire (49 lbs.). My zip code is 32327.

Just let me know if you want to run with this.

Tags
c5 z06 wheels, speedline wheels, z16 wheels