The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 05-19-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Exclamation New server in the works.

Well, the current server this site is on has been sending me nastygrams that the /home directory is running at 84 percent full. Processor loading has been hitting pretty high as well during certain times of the day. My other server is no better off, so it looks like I need to add yet another server and offload this site and maybe a couple of others onto it to balance the loading somewhat.

There will be a burn-in period where I'll be testing the new server, so if it passes with flying colors, we'll be looking at a bit of downtime here in order to jump over to the new server. Shouldn't be more than a few hours or so. Unless Murphy's Law raises his ugly head, of course.

Guess at the next show I'm going to have to take the stun gun to prod along some advertisers to step up to the plate here....

The data center is located up in Atlanta and the test pings and throughput transfers were VERY good. The processors are dual Xeon 3.0 ghz so it should make this site pretty snappy.

Anyway, just a fyi.... I'll give you all as much warning as I can about when to expect this site to be down for the transfer.
Unread 05-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Rich Z

So far the new server appears to be pretty stable and somewhat quicker than this one. So we might be moving in the next week or so.

What will happen is that I will let you all know the date this will take place. This site will then be locked down for the duration, so you will get a notice to that effect when you stop in. This is done so posts don't get lost that are made while the transfer of the site is taking place. Once the transfer is completed, the site will be reopened and things SHOULD be back to normal.

Thanks.
Unread 05-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Ok, sounds like a plan. I'm starting to have withdrawals already and you haven't even said when the downtime will be.
Unread 05-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
Rich Z

Arrow

OK, I'm planning on starting the move on Thursday, May 31rst. I will be shutting down access to this message board sometime on Thursday, and it will be reopened once the move is complete. Figure on it being down most of the day. Might be much less, but I'd rather plan for the worst.

Thanks.
Unread 05-31-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
OK, I'm planning on starting the move on Thursday, May 31rst. I will be shutting down access to this message board sometime on Thursday, and it will be reopened once the move is complete. Figure on it being down most of the day. Might be much less, but I'd rather plan for the worst.

Thanks.
Rich, good luck with the move. I've been in computers all my life and know that moves like this are NOT easy! Looking forward to being back up on the new one!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote