The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 05-21-2006, 03:38 PM   #21
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

i love the way a clean black car looks, but after having mine for a few years i have to say that it is very hard to keep clean. i drive mine quite a bit, lots of road trips and every day to work. i have a few small rock dings that are very noticable up close and any and all small scratches in the finish will show up in bright sunlight . the clay bar will be your best friend if you get a black car. if i had a choice i would go with silver next time. if i put less miles on my car and it were less exposed to the weather i would go back with black again. it is just up to you if you want to spend the extra time and effort to keep the finish up on a black car. i have to say nothing looks as good as a freshly waxed black c-5 or c6 with black rims. ( just my opinion though )
Unread 05-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #22
AlphaEden

Name :
AlphaEden is on a distinguished road

Black is a bitch to keep clean, I wish I had the anniversary Maroon or Electron Blue

'04 Cosmos Purple A4 - 1 of 323 Produced

It's fast enough and only getting faster...
Cam Specs and Tuned by the Master J. Formato

'01 C5 Corvette Convertible Black on Black
Vroom vroom and soon to be tuned
AlphaEden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2006, 06:50 PM   #23
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I've owned black and blue cars (black WS6 T/A and EB Z) and I much prefer taking care of the Z. It's just easier to keep looking clean, although nothing can beat black when it's washed and polished properly.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #24
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

My '92 vette was black/gray, this one is black/black and the next one will be black/black.....what can I say...it's a labor of love but the pay off is worth it
Unread 05-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #25
dark_phantom

Name :
dark_phantom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFun
i love the way a clean black car looks, but after having mine for a few years i have to say that it is very hard to keep clean. i drive mine quite a bit, lots of road trips and every day to work. i have a few small rock dings that are very noticable up close and any and all small scratches in the finish will show up in bright sunlight . the clay bar will be your best friend if you get a black car. if i had a choice i would go with silver next time. if i put less miles on my car and it were less exposed to the weather i would go back with black again. it is just up to you if you want to spend the extra time and effort to keep the finish up on a black car. i have to say nothing looks as good as a freshly waxed black c-5 or c6 with black rims. ( just my opinion though )
Then you're going to like when I put black iforged wheels on mine pretty soon.
Z06 widebody, brakes and sway bars; HRE 543R black with polish lip; bilstein shocks; magnaflow's 15884 exhaust system; 44 LED 3rd brake light; GS stripes; tinted windows and more.
Custom cobalt red & black two tone leather interior by DownSouthVettes and some of Pipedreams' items.
dark_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #26
WOTJOHN

Name :
WOTJOHN has disabled reputation

one advantage of having a black car you seem to get less speeding ticket than a bright color car .
WOTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #27
Black C5

Name :
Black C5 is on a distinguished road
Default Black Black Black

I have had many Black cars. Yes it is a daily job to keep them looking good, but black is hard to beat when it is kept up. Dark blue is not that much less maintainance! My daily driver C5 gets washed most Sunday mornings and waxed at least once a month, but once you have a good base coat of wax all you have to do during the week is use a California Car Duster a couple of times a day to keep it looking good, unless it rains. I cover my car when it is out side, but my daily maintainance is less than 10 minutes a day, and it almost always looks freshly detailed, at least from 5 feet away...and every Sunday morning it looks detailed close up!

Pain in the neck? Yes, but worth it.
David.
Black C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 12:19 AM   #28
Carl81

Name :
Carl81 has disabled reputation

I had a triple black Monte Carlo before I had my triple black Caddy. Before the end of the year, my 81 will be black. A pain? YES! Worth it? YES! Even if its just for a few hours, when its clean, it pops.

Another note, no more custom colors for me. Just try to match a ten year old custom color after a fender bender. Black is black.

http://www.mycarframes.com
Carl81 is offline   Reply With Quote