The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 04-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Wow!

I had no idea

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
jpalamaro

Name :
jpalamaro has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
ok, you're ignored

Most good detailers are going to be a bit pricey. Equiptment and supplies are expensive. And the only thing they have to sell, other than thier skills, is thier time. It's one car, one hour at a time.

I don't know what he charges. Last time I spoke with him about it, it depended on the amount of detail you wanted, what you wanted detailed and the car.

See what he says. Tell him I sent you. It may not help, but it may not hurt?
A Concourse d'Elegance type detailer will indeed be expensive. FYI, the guy I use here in JAX may or may not accept your car. Seems a bit odd, but his reputation is 'making cars look good, but there's only so much you can do with all of the snake oil and bags of trick they have.'

When I took delivery on my '09 Black (the worst of worst colors for a detailer) he spent a full day on it; yup, the lousy dealer of course had a splash and run (and scratch) artist taking care of it on the lot. Seems it had to be ??? clay, stone, or some other potions for bring the finish back to perfect; and perfect it is. I of course always remember that I'm not only paying for his time, but his vast experience and expertise.

Didn't mean to preach but you really do get what you pay for. BTW, the full day over 8 hours of work what would normally be about 400 bucks was 250 because he takes care of my cars and know him for years. He got a 50 buck tip and it was worth every penny! He also details the engine!
jpalamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro View Post
...Didn't mean to preach but you really do get what you pay for. BTW, the full day over 8 hours of work what would normally be about 400 bucks was 250 because he takes care of my cars and know him for years. He got a 50 buck tip and it was worth every penny! He also details the engine!
And if you think about it, with the physical effort required to do the job, the cost of supplies used and the fact that he's probably only doing your car that day, $400.00 ain't that bad. $250 is a steal!

If it were just a couple of hours, I might have a problem with that. But a full day? That's a LOT of work!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 04:11 AM   #14
Richie Carbone
The BING!

Name :
Richie Carbone is on a distinguished road

To do a 100% paint correction detail takes roughly twenty plus hours on the exterior alone. Add in wheel removal cleaning, polishing and sealing suspension detail, interior and full engine detail and it could take a total of 40 hours or more depending on the condition of the vehicle.

To do this level of detail takes patience, knowledge, and most importantly skill.

These types of details can be mentally as well as physically exhausting, just imagine staring at the same panel on the same car for hours while making sure the paint is defect free from every angle possible and under multiple sources of light ensuring that the paint is in fact corrected when pulled out into the sun.

If you don't have the passion for it you can burn yourself out especially when you have to do back to back multi day correction details.

I charge $70/hr per time spent as I feel that is a fair rate based on my skill and knowledge. That also doesn't take into account travel fees if I have travel more than 50 miles.

In the end you get what you pay for.
Richie Carbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #15
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guno89 View Post
Rob was who I used the last 2 times. I contacted him and he told me he sold the biz and is no longer detailing. His work was amazing.
I think is banner ad is still at the top of the detailing section. I clicked on it and that website is no longer available.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #16
zoom
Master Commander

Name : Angelo
zoom has disabled reputation

Looking for a good detailer or a master detailer depends on how much your willing to paid. Anyone looking your welcome to PM me and I know best in the state that works wonders. I myself been detailing for over 30 years but won't post anything here for respect of the forum.
Unread 07-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #17
crisR

Name :
crisR has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guno89 View Post
Any one have a good mobile detailer or shop in Tampa area. I have a 89 vette.
hey there guno89! this response might be late already, but if you still need a mobile detailer, you can check out Detailxperts. They have an auto detail shops in Tampa and Detroit. And the're really good

You can visit their website to see more information.
crisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #18
Richie Carbone
The BING!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisR View Post
hey there guno89! this response might be late already, but if you still need a mobile detailer, you can check out Detailxperts. They have an auto detail shops in Tampa and Detroit. And the're really good

You can visit their website to see more information.
Wow what a coincidence... your first post here is an ad for your company. I think the members here are looking for a more upscale professional detailer, not some kind of gimmick.

You need soap to properly wash a car without inducing marring. Steam doesn't emulsify the dirt.

Go spam somewhere else!
Unread 07-22-2010, 07:05 AM   #19
Brilqntin

Name :
Brilqntin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone View Post
You need soap to properly wash a car without inducing marring. Steam doesn't emulsify the dirt.
if this was true, how come their steam cleaning method is patent-pending (as is stated in the website)? and the founder seems to know what he's doing (see his bio in the about us section - think it's impressive).

i think using steam to clean not only your car but also your house is a great way to save water. and even if CrisR is promoting own company, so what? the post answers to the question and gives useful info, isn't it?

smile and good luck!
Brilqntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #20
Richie Carbone
The BING!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilqntin View Post
if this was true, how come their steam cleaning method is patent-pending (as is stated in the website)? and the founder seems to know what he's doing (see his bio in the about us section - think it's impressive).

i think using steam to clean not only your car but also your house is a great way to save water. and even if CrisR is promoting own company, so what? the post answers to the question and gives useful info, isn't it?

smile and good luck!
Patent Pending only shows the patent was applied for. Anyone can apply for a patent for anything,

Water/steam by itself won't encapsulate the dirt, it will be wiped along the surface and will marr the finish.

You just recently joined and youir first post was in here defending a company you're affiliated with.

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about, do a search under my user name and and take a look at the level of work I put out on a consistent basis.