The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 04-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, Florida does have some venomous snakes, so you do have to know which ones are which. So far, we've only had a pine snake in our pool enclosure. Unfortunately he overheated and died before I found him. He didn't have the sense to go into the water to cool off.

On our property we have found eastern diamondback rattlers, pygmy ratters, coral snakes, and water moccasins. The only *native* venomous snake found in Florida that we haven't seen is the copperhead.

The diamondbacks are the most impressive, from a distance, of course. They can range from something like this little fellow:

To some REALLY big ones like this one:

Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 03:00 PM   #12
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I hate snakes! Not to the point that I wouldn't pet one, if you were holding it of course. I just don't like coming across one in the wild. Especially if you don't see them at first.

I forget the little thing to tell the difference between the coral snake and the king snake. I know they are the same colors, just in a different order. Are coral snakes known to charge? I had one, with those colors kinda charge me. I hopped into my car and started to pull it forward and it reared up in defense of the tire, before I ran it over that is.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Ah, the little diddy is Red touch yellow, kill a fellow. Red tough black, good for Jack.

Here's a pic of a scarlet king snake I found around here a year or so ago:

Although I have seen several coral snakes around here, I don't believe I have any photos of any, so I found this one just so you can see the difference:

But best thing is that if you are unsure of the ID, then just stay away from it. Nearly all of them will run from you if given the chance. Never heard of one attacking, but some will stand their ground if they feel real threatened. Bites by coral snakes are rather rare. Most are probably bites from kids picking them up just because they are pretty and start playing with them. But even then, many won't actually bite. But it's not a risk I would want to take. Coral's have short fangs and it is tough for them to deliver a venomous bite, but we are talking about neurotoxic venom, related to the cobras. So it is nothing to mess around with. Personally, I NEVER handle venomous snakes under any circumstances with my hands. I've lifted them with looped "hooks" and put them in five gallon buckets to relocate them out into the national forest nearby. But I just don't take chances with them.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2006, 01:41 AM   #14
gsjack

Name :
gsjack is on a distinguished road

I do know, water moccasins are down right mean and nasty. Those bastards seem the bravest, standing up and attacking than backing down, i have come across thru the years.

But rattlers, are mighty tasty eating, have killed and skinned many. Breaded and deep fried with hot sauce, oh so GOOD EATING!

Only thing tastier, breaded and deep fried gator.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
gsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2006, 04:12 AM   #15
Bob Procter

Location: Lecanto, Florida, between Crystal River & Inverness
Name :
Bob Procter has disabled reputation

Actually we go up on the 18th also. We have a group of about 12 cars going up with some others joining up along the way and 25 signed up for a Private Plant Tour on the 21st. If anyone is interested in joining us let me know.

Bob Procter
666zo6@tampabay.rr.com
Bob Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #16
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

The Z06Fest is only 18 days away. Well it actually starts in 20 days, but many people will be arriving on the 18th.

How many people from here are going?

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #17
IVOZ06
CRAZYME

Name :
IVOZ06 is on a distinguished road

TUESDAY is departure day.

I will be leaving about 3 am and not stopping till BG.

Except for gas, the Depends will take care of the rest...

"When I'm good I'm very good but when I'm bad I'm better."
CLICK FOR MY PICS
2001 Z06 TR/Mod Red 400 rwhp
LIFE IS TOO SHORT, HAVE FUN, NO REGRETS
IVOZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote