The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 12-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #21
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default What a TRIP!!!

I started posting to this thread at around 5pm, but was pulled away several times. When I finally posted, I noticed that Mekanic posted his experience with "Flash Wax". OMEN???
Unread 12-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #22
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

I have ESPN.

Flash wax is awesome. The people that own it are great. It works just fine in the florida sun because they make it in the florida sun!

You saw my truck, I havn't even waxed it yet, just washed and used their wheel cleaner and aqua gloss, aqua gloss is their tire shine, that you can also use on everything not glass.

I did all the plastic trim on the truck, as well as the dash and door panels with their tire shine...

Also.... It only takes about 2 hours to do all of it...vs. Zaino and its 4 day application.... and their kit costs $25.00... although I recommend adding the extra $$ for their wax and leather conditioner. So all in all youll be under $50 for the whole kit.
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #23
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Meguiars 3 Part System here - no complaints except for the sore muscles afterward.
als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #24
KCandSting
Stinger

Name :
KCandSting has disabled reputation

I have been using IBIZ for the last 14 months. I use a Porter Cable 7424. I used this wax on my C5 and C6. The add says last 6 months. It only takes about an hour to do a vette so I wax every couple of months. The product does attract trophies!
KCandSting is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #25
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
I'm a Zaino user, and like many others got it based on word of mouth. I'm looking at trying something different, rather than settling for the shine I have without trying others first.
Now... there was a post on this thread, where Nytro took a pic of his Vette after using Adams and WOW!!!
Also, there were other posts, where MADN3SS and others chimed in on Adams and other like products.

***My questions are... Are ya's still happy with the service, the product, etc.?
Did anyone else who may have been using other products switch to Adams, or another product since then and notice a difference?

What about the "Flash Wax" advertised here on this forum. Anyone using it
That may or may not have been using other products before?
How well does it apply in the FL. heat?
I'm wondering if "Flash Wax" may be a "Diamond in the Ruff". Just waiting for people to make it as well known as the other top brands.? Or is already, and I just haven't heard of it till joining this forum?
Is their (Flash Wax) customer service as good as Adams? Sounds like Adams "CS" would be hard to beat, according to some of the previous posts on this thread.!
I know, there's a lot of questions coming at ya's after a hard day at the job!!!
I Really do appreciate those of you who'll give me feedback!

~Ray
Ynke,

As you can see this thread has been going on for a while. Based on Nytro's recommendation, and of course the picture of his hood, I emailed Adams and told him that I was a long time Zaino user but had a recommendation from a fellow Vette owner to try his product. When I looked at his web site, he had a ton of products and they were not cheap. So before I jumped off that bridge I asked them to recommend a couple items in their line that I could buy and then compare to Zaino. I wanted to do this before dropping a few hundred bucks on their line without ever using it myself. Unfortunately, I never got a response back from Adam. So, at the moment, I am still using my Zaino and am happy with their products.
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 07:44 AM   #26
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Ynke,

As you can see this thread has been going on for a while. Based on Nytro's recommendation, and of course the picture of his hood, I emailed Adams and told him that I was a long time Zaino user but had a recommendation from a fellow Vette owner to try his product. When I looked at his web site, he had a ton of products and they were not cheap. So before I jumped off that bridge I asked them to recommend a couple items in their line that I could buy and then compare to Zaino. I wanted to do this before dropping a few hundred bucks on their line without ever using it myself. Unfortunately, I never got a response back from Adam. So, at the moment, I am still using my Zaino and am happy with their products.
That's very surprising that you didn't get a response back from Adam. I emailed him the other day and told him how much I love his products. I was interested in buying a t-shirt to promote his business a little more, but he does not sell them on the site. I guess he had a couple laying around because he sent me one, free.

I'd say him not getting back to you is an anomoly. He actively gives out his cell phone number and the only time he doesn't answer is if he's with a customer.

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 09:57 AM   #27
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Unfortunately, I never got a response back from Adam.
Guessing he was with another client?

MADN3SS: Does he return the calls that he may have missed, while he was with another client?
Unread 12-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #28
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road

Hello Guys,

I noticed that some of you have a few questions about our products. I would just like to add that we formulate our products for the area that we live in. Our Grape Gloss Spray wax is so concentrated that it is 3 times stronger than most spray waxes that are on the market. Many national companies will make a spray wax the same for the entire country. They do not take into account that where we live in Florida, the UV rays are very strong. Most spray waxes do work well but are generally a cleaner and gloss enhancer. They do not protect as well as our Grape Gloss. Our Grape Gloss Spray wax contains a Polymer and Carnauba blend. Therefore it will clean, protect and last a long time. I have tool that can test the amount of wax or the solids of a cleaner in a product. We call it the truth stick.We show our customers this test and they see it with thier own eyes.We tested our Grape Gloss on a rough marble stone surface and it beaded up for 2 months in the Florida sun.

Our customer service is excellent. We dont sell you a product and forget about you. We are very passionate about our products and our Corvettes. If you ever have a problem with any of our products, we will correct it ASAP. We dont get any returns on our products or unsatisfied customers. All of our products are very concentrated. We dont sell water, we sell product. Our prices are very reasonable because we are the manufacturer. We are not looking to make a thousand percent profit on our products like some companies. It is not always true that if a product costs alot of money, it has to be the best. Its all in the Formula. If you have any questions about any of our products, feel free to call or email me. If you live in or around Largo, feel free to stop in our store and my wife or I will give you some free samples of our products. If you have an extra picture of your Corvette, we would love to post it in our store. Thanks very much.

Joe Carollo- Flashman

www.flashwax.com
Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #29
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
Guessing he was with another client?

MADN3SS: Does he return the calls that he may have missed, while he was with another client?
I've only called him once. I usually email so he can answer whenever.

Here are a few examples of how he runs his business. Zaino's products may be just as good, but I just don't see him doing stuff like this.

Check out post #14. A guy couldn't get water spots off his back window and Adam sent him some stuff to help get it off, free.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103730

Adam had a giveaway in October for a huge detail kit with a Porter Cable polisher. $350 worth. He then gave away stuff to 3 runner ups.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103500

He invited all Z06Vette.com members to his house in Carlisle, PA for a BBQ during Corvettes at Carlisle.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101380

Hey Rich, am I allowed to post stuff from Z06Vette?

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #30
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Hey Rich, am I allowed to post stuff from Z06Vette?
Well, I dunno....... Are you an admin there?