The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 02-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
The Saints out played Manning and the Colts, thats for sure. I don't mind the team (although they played very dirty ball in the playoffs) but the city iteslf SUCKS. Its the crime capital of the south. There are more per capita murders there than anywhere else, and the gang problem is out of hand.

Add to that the RACIST tones of the city when even the mayor himself threw out the race card after the hurricane and I can't stand the city. The city is built under sea level (Who the F whould think that is a good idea anyway?), and when they refuse to evacuate and get punched right in the nose by the storm they have the gall to call the federal government racist because they didn't rescue them within hours of the storms end. They refused to help themselves by leaving but then cried when they got a whallop during the storm.

F the city. I am sooooo sick and tired of hearing "Good for them after what they have been through". I don't recall Homestead FL calling anyone racist because they didn't have catered food brought in within minitues of the storm... I don't remember anyone throwing the race card during the midwest floods a few years ago, and I don't remember hearing any racial slurs from California during the terrible wild fires each year. If I didn't say it before..... F*** the City of New Orleans...
umm, you don't like black folks huh........ ?

Colts got out coached, plain and simple. Best defense against Manning...., keep him on the bench. He went 70 minutues without throwing a pass between the second and third quarters. The Saints coach made better adjustments then the colts.

Cheers
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
Bradzvette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I put it all on Manning Brad. A few bad throws determined the outcome. How do you coach to stop that onside kick? No one dreamed it was coming.
Manning was not as sharp after the long wait to get back on the field, hence the bad throws.

I was thinking it was a possibilty (on-side kick), and a good coach should have been prepared for it coming out of half time, and Cowher said as much. As a coach you have to be prepared and think ahead, thats the job of a coach. The colts coach is a rookie. Peyton obviously is not.

After my 24 years of coaching, this I can state for a fact, its how I coach. I am always prepared and always making adjustments, and in the game of basketball you have far less time to do this then in a football game. I have coached both as well as track and field.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers
Unread 02-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzvette View Post
Cheers
Brad,

I didn't see anywhere where he said that.

What he did do was state already known facts:

1) The race card was played early and frequently during and after Katrina
2) The place is built in a HOLE
3) Some of the people there were too stupid, lazy, hard headed to leave when told to leave.
4) The Mayor is a clown
5) The Governor is a clown
6) The city is a chit hole (I'd never live there but I do like to visit)
7) The demands placed on the feds by the city were unreasonable.

You didn't hear this sort of nonsense coming out of Mississippi, Texas (when they've been hit), South Florida after Andrew, or the West Coast of Florida (Naples, Punta Gorda, etc) after the last hit they took a few years back.

What he didn't mention was:
1) The Feds poor planning and response (both before and after)
2) The people that were grateful for rescue and recovery efforts and a place to stay with food, water, after the flood. Of course we can thank the PRESS for that.
Those kind of stories rarely make headlines...bitching seems to sell more papers

Although it happens that 90 some odd percent of the effected population after Katrina were black, the real problem was LEADERSHIP. Maybe better put, the lack thereof

Local government could have quelled many of those concerns, arguements and debates from the get go...instead...they fueled the rage!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #14
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzvette View Post

Cheers
You can suck my left nut asshole!

I never said that or anything even close.

Your the same type of scum bag as the short sighted people I am talking about. As Shadow pointed out I simply stated facts about the city to include their overwhelming desire to use the race card over and over again to try and gain sympathy or additional attention. The other areas hit by natural disasters (some of them MUCH WOSE than N.O.) did not throw the race card out at any time. I think the general citizens of the city may be represented by the wrong people, but the only news coverage was seeing the mayor and govenor crying about being black and how the Feds were racist. The Feds may have had a less than stunning response, but it was the same response that the other areas received as well. The people of New Orleans had charter and city busses lined up to take them out before the storm arrived but they refused to go. It is the attitude that "They will give it to me or I will cry foul while dropping the race card". NO ONE cried foul like New Orleans did. I lost any respect for the city after that, much like I lost any respect for you.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #15
Shadow

Name :

Come on guys, play nice. Let's not get too personal here.

Brad, as I mentioned, I don't recall Z saying anything about whether he liked "
black people" or not, just a commentary on the city and the situation.

Z-man, chill....

I'll bet this whole conversation would take on a different light if done face to face

We're all friends here...let's try to keep it that way...or at least take it to PM...

Thanks

Remember:

Unread 02-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
Shadow

Name :

You know, as I sit here, drinkin' and thinkin', it comes to mind that the general populace DID in fact, complain and loudly, about the federal governments response to the disasters in Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte, as well as in various other disasters in which FEMA had a hand. People were in FEMA trailers and blue tarps abounded until just recently. Even now, I believe I saw some my last trip down.

FEMA, and the beurocracy we call our Federal Government, is a screwed up mess no matter how you cut it. Slow (in general) to respond, I'll equipped and I'll prepared to do what is necessary to get things back to normal. Add to that INSURANCE companies that are unwilling to pay claims in a timely fashion, and a state and federal system unable or unwilling to force it, and you have a recipie for disaster after the disaster

The difference between us and New Orleans, is no one cried RACE...incompetence and apathy maybe, but not race.

Remember:

Unread 02-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #17
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
...We are all entitled to our opinions but we have to respect each other. That's the name of the game.
That's the key

Now...wasn't this thread initially about FOOTBALL?

Remember:

Unread 02-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
You know, as I sit here, drinkin' and thinkin', it comes to mind that the general populace DID in fact, complain and loudly, about the federal governments response to the disasters in Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte, as well as in various other disasters in which FEMA had a hand. People were in FEMA trailers and blue tarps abounded until just recently. Even now, I believe I saw some my last trip down.
I didn't say people didn't complain anbout FEMA, just that it wasn't racist complaints.

Quote:
The difference between us and New Orleans, is no one cried RACE...incompetence and apathy maybe, but not race.
That's exactly what I was saying, thank you.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #19
Bradzvette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
You can suck my left nut asshole!

I never said that or anything even close.

So you lose respect for a man that asks you a question or challenges your belief system, and you respond with vulgarities? You're awful angry there dude, but usually what happens when a nerve gets touched. I asked a question based on what you wrote, your response speaks volumes. You must spend a lot of time being angry at the world and everyone in it.

I stand by my assessment of your post and your subsequent reply has done nothing to change my opinion, to which I am entitled to, and to post about so long as the powers that be here allow it. You in turn sir are also entitled to the same things.

I do find it difficult to understand how the residents of New Orleans were being racist, but to each their own. For me it was not difficult to read between the lines of what you posted, for others maybe it was.

What's even more amazing is the fact that the loss of life and human suffering elicits such an angry response from you, seeing things from afar as opposed to actually being there are worlds apart. Sorry that I have a heart and care about my fellow human beings and I can over look things said in the moments of desperation and attempts at survival. I'll try and keep that in check.

Have a good day.
Unread 02-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #20
Bradzvette

Name :

Quote:
:

They did it was just in Spanish and you didn't understand it.

Cheers