The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
GS163
Grand Sport Junkie

Name :
GS163 is on a distinguished road
Default Rev Xtreme???

They just opened a shop near me in Ft. Myers. Looking to get some work done. Has anyone dealt with them? Good or bad, please discuss.
GS163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
SRQC5
The Self-Proclaimed King

Name :
SRQC5 is on a distinguished road

just had them install headers and an ls6 intake + a dyno tune on my c5. i was very happy. the manager of the ft myers shop is steve and the tuner is ryan. PM me if you have any questions.
Build Plant : 1Y5Y - BOWLING GREEN Halltech stinger, LS6 Intake, 3.15 gears, Dynatech headers, Procats, X-pipe, Borla stingers, MSD 8.5mm wires, drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic brakes, Dyno tune/HP Tuners.
SRQC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
GS163
Grand Sport Junkie

Name :

Ive spoken with Steve. Im looking to have just some routine maintenance done, and he told me that I would have to leave my car with them for a few days. Not really sure Im ready to do that with some complete strangers, especially for something that shouldnt take more than a day. Hard for me to do that when I live in Naples and work Mon thru Fri. Just looking to have fluids flushed and u joints changed. Thanks for the positive feedback though.
Unread 09-03-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS163
Ive spoken with Steve. Im looking to have just some routine maintenance done, and he told me that I would have to leave my car with them for a few days. Not really sure Im ready to do that with some complete strangers, especially for something that shouldnt take more than a day. Hard for me to do that when I live in Naples and work Mon thru Fri. Just looking to have fluids flushed and u joints changed. Thanks for the positive feedback though.
Have you ever taken your car to Jeff Baptista in North Naples? I have had very good dealings with him.
Unread 09-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #5
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They just opened a shop near me in Ft. Myers. Looking to get some work done. Has anyone dealt with them? Good or bad, please discuss.
I've not been there yet, but other's I know have had work done and have been satisfied. The husband has been there and talked with Steve. He plans to have some work done. I'll take mine there if and when I need work and then I'll have my own opinion. So far haven't heard anything negative.
Unread 09-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #6
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

They started thier first shop herer in Tampa. Big problems were very slow turn around, lack of communication with the customer, slow parts availability and high prices.

Other than that, they were great

Took the former owner over a month to get a simple little air clearner cap (chrome K&N job). Kept saying they were back ordered or were on the way. I walked into United Speed World on Florida Ave., and picked up the same thing off the f**king shelf!...AND saved $$$

There was an issue with a friend and former club member whose car they couldn't seem to get finished and when they did, they$$$ was out of this world

On a brighter note, Tracy bought the shop some time back and since has relocated to a larger facility down the street from thier old location.

He has an excellent reputation in the racing community and knows his stuff From what I hear, he has turned the shop around

If it were me, I'd take my car to someone with a proven track record and leave the simple things to them until they prove themselves. Several days for the work you mention is rediculous...unles they're backed up. Even then, thats what scheduling is all about
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2006, 06:30 AM   #7
GS163
Grand Sport Junkie

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by naples
Have you ever taken your car to Jeff Baptista in North Naples? I have had very good dealings with him.
Yeah, he installed my headers for me. I havent talked to him in a long while. He seems to always be way to busy though. I may give him a call as he lives a few blocks from me.
Unread 09-04-2006, 06:32 AM   #8
GS163
Grand Sport Junkie

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
If it were me, I'd take my car to someone with a proven track record and leave the simple things to them until they prove themselves. Several days for the work you mention is rediculous...unles they're backed up. Even then, thats what scheduling is all about
Thats the problem, there arent that many people around my area that do quality work. Several days did seem a littl rediculous to me also. I will call them again tomorrow and see what they say.
Unread 09-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thats the problem, there arent that many people around my area that do quality work. Several days did seem a littl rediculous to me also. I will call them again tomorrow and see what they say.

Just test the waters.

They had my buddys car for months and months doing a SC install There was more to it than just the SC, but regardless, the delays and cost overruns got stupid!!

He was going to file suit at one point and I interviened to stop it. On another, he was ready to take his unfinished car back and go elsewhere

Talked him out of both scenarios and interviened to help him get his heads (that was the potential suit issue).

Not sure what all the problems were, but communications and keeping thier promises were MAJOR issues

If you were part of the inner circle, then you got things done promptly and at a better price. If not, you were just at the luck of the draw

Like I said before, Tracy has taken over the business now and I "hear" things have gotten better. No first hand knowlege on my part and thier probably won't be.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #10
GS163
Grand Sport Junkie

Name :

Was that Streetknight by chance?

I have also heard that if you were in the "inner circle", you were good to go, otherwise you may be SOL.