The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 06-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
stormin9mm

Name :
stormin9mm has disabled reputation
Default residue on paint

I have an issue with what seems to be an over spray issue of some sort on my 2008 C6. Finish looked fine Sunday morning, went to Busch Gardens and when I detailed my car Monday, there was a coat of pinpoint size dots from basically the windshield forward. Nef looked at my car Saturday at the Antivenom BBQ and stated that it might come off with a buffer. Anyone know of a good detail person in the Largo area? Flashman sent me a cleaner wax with some claybar in it and it didn't even touch it. It is all over my windshield also. Not sure what it is or where it came from, just want it gone.
Thanks for any info.
stormin9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

send a PM to backyard mechanic.
Unread 06-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormin9mm View Post
I have an issue with what seems to be an over spray issue of some sort on my 2008 C6. Finish looked fine Sunday morning, went to Busch Gardens and when I detailed my car Monday, there was a coat of pinpoint size dots from basically the windshield forward. Nef looked at my car Saturday at the Antivenom BBQ and stated that it might come off with a buffer. Anyone know of a good detail person in the Largo area? Flashman sent me a cleaner wax with some claybar in it and it didn't even touch it. It is all over my windshield also. Not sure what it is or where it came from, just want it gone.
Thanks for any info.
Sorry you are having this problem on the car,it is surprisly common on new cars.The problem lies within the clearcoat.You must try to get it as smooth as possible.Properly claying the car will help,but if that does not work then you have use a buffer with the proper pad and polish.This will smooth out the clearcoat and remove the imprefection in the clearcoat.Wax will not do that job.The windsheild also can be clayed and buffed.
When a new car is painted now a days,it is NOT wet sanded after each stage.That will allow any imperfections to be covered up by the prevois stage.Remember that a production car will not have that "Attention to detail" during the mass production of that car.The 3 stage paint process that goes on the corvette during building is good,but not great.That's why when you get any new car the first thing to do is NEVER let the dealership do anything to the car,no wash,no detailing,the don't know how to detail a car properly,there job is to sell cars and to cover up the imperfections so the custormers see that New and Shiny car.Once it leaves the showroom,your on your own.
I have perfect example for you,I have a detail today on a black 2008 Zo6,that has less then 10 miles on it,because the dealership had "detailed" the car and know it looks worst now.So my point being,get the car detailed by a professinal who has the proper knowledge and equitment to make your car look BETTER then did when it left the factory.It will allow the car to be easier to take care of and it will properly protected

If you have any other question check out my website or just call me,I would be glad to helpI would hate to see a new car go bad
I do work in your area if you are interested

Hope this helped
Rob
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post
send a PM to backyard mechanic.
Chris,Thanks for the referral
Unread 06-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road

Hey Norm,

If the Rejuvenator did not work for you, stop by my shop when you get a chance and I will correct the problem for you. Thanks.

Joe - Flash man
Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormin9mm View Post
Thanks for any info.
How did it turn out