The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Paint & Body Work Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Paint & Body Work Forum For those people interested in the specifics of doing paint and body work repairs and/or enhancements.

Unread 07-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road
Default Frankie Update

Hello All,

Well, I am finished with the paint on the car. Its all wet sanded and buffed up nice and shiny. I have used Malco's non-silicone products for now. Rapid Cut compound, Buff Lite II and Plum Crazy hand glaze. Plum Crazy is a nice product on a dark car. The clarity of the clear is so defined its like a mirror. It also does a great job on severe swirls. I will use silicone products once the clear cures. I am now waiting for a new heater core and all new air conditioning parts to arrive. Black car in Florida, you bet I want a new air conditioning system. I am going to replace the heater core before I install my new carpet and interior. I will be not be happy if the old heater core starts to leak on my new carpet. In fact, if anyone wants to ride in Frankie, you better take your shoes off at the door. lol. Its gonna be that nice. Rear window gets tinted today. I will send pictures of Frankie when it gets done next week. Later.

Joe-Flash

PS Just received my new AC parts and interior console panel. Guess what I will be doing this weekend? Can you say new interior for Frankie?

Last edited by Flash man; 07-11-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

Just got finished installing a new heater core, ac evaporator, ac condensor, ac compressor, accumulator, hoses, etc. Also, installed insulation and carpet kit for Frankie. Just wanted to shoot a few pictures of the hands on restoration that I am doing. Hopefully Frankie will be making his debut at the Gators show next Saturday night. This week, need to finish interior, ac and tint rear window and its just about done. Talk to you all on Friday.

Joe-Flash
Attached Images

Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Looking good. Real Good!!!!
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote