The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 11-29-2009, 01:15 AM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think I would have asked the principal of the school what his home address was and make a few nightly trash deposits as well. I'll tell you, if I knew for certain who was throwing their trash out on our property, they'd be getting this crap right back at 'em. It has to be locals, because this is a loop road and only people living on or near it are likely to be using it.

I'm sorry, but I can't even imagine the void between someone's ears that doesn't think about the garbage they just toss out of the windows of their cars. It shows an absolute and complete disregard for other people's property.

Honestly, I am surprised that there are NO signs on the highways around here warning drivers of littering laws. So perhaps this is just a case of pure ignorance in that they don't think there is anything wrong with it. I guess they think their beer cans and bottles just evaporate over night or something....
Unread 11-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #12
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

maybe their logic is "Well, it does say "Janitor" under that Rich fellow's name"... In all seriousness though, sorry to hear about the problem. I'd see if you can request that they put in a no littering sign. If it's bad enough, maybe you could call some cop buddies to stake the road out and maybe ticket a few litterers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
The second time was I tossed a live skunk into the back seat of another car.I'm deeply ashamed and I now re frame from even spitting gum out .
Explanation please.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

From what I remember, I think littering has declined over the years. Obviously not enough, as you can attest. Maybe as everything in our society gets easier and more convenient, people can't even take the time to throw away their garbage. And I imagine because they don't see the result of it (piles of garbage or a ticket/arrest), that makes it even easier. What I HATE the most is when people toss their lit cigarettes out the window! One, I've seen it ignite a fire. Two, it's just rude, especially when it hits the car behind them. I once saw a car leaking large amounts of fuel. Can you imagine if somebody had tossed a lit butt out their window and the gas ignited? Murder/attempted murder?

Rich, got any CCTV cameras or a video camera with a nice long tape?

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
Rich Z

Heck, Connie and I were driving back from Tallahassee this afternoon on route 319 to Crawfordville, and the sides of the road looked like hell with all the garbage strewn about. It's disgusting......
Unread 11-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #15
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

How about the ones that rather than litter on their street, they travel to your block and dump there. I have had hog carcasses, alligator carcassa, landscape trimmings. old bedding, etc dumped on my block...times when you want a 30 06 and scope to pick them off as they dump...
Unread 11-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #16
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
How about the ones that rather than litter on their street, they travel to your block and dump there. I have had hog carcasses, alligator carcassa, landscape trimmings. old bedding, etc dumped on my block...times when you want a 30 06 and scope to pick them off as they dump...
Yeah, but then who would clean up the mess afterwards?
Unread 12-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #17
BubbaDuss
Mod-Annonymous Atendee

Name :
BubbaDuss has disabled reputation

I wouldn't pick them off. but if you were to take out 2 of their tires.. every time.. its only a matter of time before they would stop going back there to dump.

Littering down here gets bad sometimes too.
BubbaDuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #18
tls630

Name :
tls630 has disabled reputation

When I moved to my town in 1972 it was a rarity to see litter. As the quality of people moving in from other countries has gotten lower the trash has increased. They crap up thier countries and want ours to look the same.
tls630 is offline   Reply With Quote