The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation
Default Non Vette owner, but love them anyway!

Howdy,

My name is Dan and I have a 2005 Pontiac GTO. I need 4 seats as it is my daily, so its what I drive. I love it ever so much though

I love working on LSx motors and talking about cars. I'm in the Air Force (as well as my wife) and have a 2 month old little girl that is perfect.

Now you may be asking yourself "Well why would this fellow join a vette site? He has an overweight pig of a car with a good motor and great interior, but clearly not the platform for racing that is the vette"

Well, to answer that imaginary question, I would say this:

I recently dropped my car off at Xtreme Moto in Blountstown, FL and the quality of their work is amazing. My previous installer ruined my crankbolt and almost took out my whole valvetrain and motor. The tune was horrible as well. It was a nightmare story, and I warn anyone in the Pensacola to stay far far away from xXx Motorsports located there.

Chris's level of expertise and knowledge is outstanding. He has pretty much every torque spec memorized on the LSx's and not only found and is fixing all the problems, but even offered his own car to me as a loaner to get home.

I have been in a multitude of shops and done a ton of work myself. I've listened and watched installers and tuners too many times to count. I will never take my car anywhere else again. Too find such quality and an extremely fair price as well makes it just that much sweeter.

Good honest performance shops are hard to come by, that's why I felt the need to let everyone know, Xtreme is beyond legit.

Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

ahhh aint you sweet !!!! How the heck did you find out about this site??

Sorry your car had more problems than expected...and sorry you almost got stuck with my piece of crap Pontiac.... !!!

Good you joined this site, there are a lot of people on here that have something besides a Vette and GTO's are nice cars !!!

Cant wait til you get your car back and let us know the difference you see

~Keli~
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Yup, I'm picking it up on Friday morning, can't wait to get it back. Especially since she will be all healed up

I'm hoping for around 420rwhp with the mods I brought in and the new valvetrain parts going in.

How someone could do, what that shop did, to my car is beyond me, or anyones car for that matter. It's sickening. I'm just really glad they pulled the cam and made sure it really was what I gave them to install.

The first car I ever bought on my own was a POS 01 Grand Am GT. Car was a complete lemon. My car is great because it's a rebadged Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME View Post
ahhh aint you sweet !!!! How the heck did you find out about this site??

Sorry your car had more problems than expected...and sorry you almost got stuck with my piece of crap Pontiac.... !!!

Good you joined this site, there are a lot of people on here that have something besides a Vette and GTO's are nice cars !!!

Cant wait til you get your car back and let us know the difference you see

~Keli~
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

I love my little grand am.. I bought it brand new (after I sold my Mustang) it was my first car of my own and just paid it off last month....Now I have a Yukon too

I am glad we can add you to our list of customers from afar
Chris knows his crap and we have had several people come from down south to get their cars worked on. We have had several people come from other shops in FLA,Ga and Ala who thought their car was good until Chris got a hold of it, then they found out hmm....guess black smoke ISNT suppose to come out the exhaust...and hmmm....guess my car ISNT suppose to idle at 3000RPMS.....and hmmm....guess my car WAS pushing to much fuel to the engine....and dang guess my car DID have more power in it !!

I am AMAZED at some stuff we hear...so far we have NO car with issues out there and if anyone knows differently...LET ME KNOW !!!!

In 5 years we have had one guy who bought a pieced together used supercharger from someone and well his car is no longer, tried to place the blame on us, but he figured it out and realized the truth.....

Chris wont toot his own horn but you best believe I will do it for him especially if its deserved

anyway cant wait for you to get your car and to this site !!!
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 01:08 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Hey, I'll vote on this one as well! All the work Chis has done on any of my (and Connie's) vehicles has been excellent. It's all be done right the first time.

And I'm damn glad he is only an hour away from us and not clear across the state.

Yeah, I can't WAIT to see the final numbers on the kick-butt motor and drivetrain he is putting together for my Z..........
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:10 AM   #6
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

aboard

Everyone is welcome here, not just owners

Gret folks, some great wrenches/tuners, and a lot of knowledge on board. You'll also find a lot of former military on here as well.

It's a real family oriented site (except for the roadhouse ) and I think you're going to like it.

We all understand necessities. To tell the truth, I'm not currently a vette owner either.

I drive a (shhhhhh...) Scion

Hey, it's a work car and I needed the space!
My next ride before the vette is going to be an F250 Ford (talk about sacriledge?) 4x4 crew to pull our rescue and training boats.

When you need room as you do, at the time you couldn't really beat the GoatI have several friends who have hem and even with the added weight, don't underestimate them...they're freaking quick

And you took it to the right shop

So kick back and enjoy your stay here and thank both you and your wife for your service to the country

Once again, welcome

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Hey to a great group. I like your compliments to Xtreme. They are well deserving folks and Ihear nothing but great reviews about them.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Howdy and welcome! 'Vette owner or not, if you love cars you're more than welcome here. I've owned a couple of Pontiacs and loved them both.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

I had XXX do some work on my Mustang and had no problem with it. They answered the phone, emails, and were there when I needed them for a dyno tune to fix a bad lean condition. Your comment is the only bad thing I've ever heard about their shop.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #10
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

Ive never heard of them. Are they a Ford shop or a GM shop?

all and all your in good hands now.

And nobody here will complain about a goat. Most of these guys come from Muscle cars, Im an f-body person with a love of vettes and my husband is visa versa..lol

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote