The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 10-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
watson1019

Name :
watson1019 has disabled reputation
Default Very Bad Experience

I don't normally do this, but I had such a bad experience at a local Corvette shop, I felt that it was necessary to share it with others....

The store is called "Corvette Shop & Supplies" and it's off of Dale Mabry in Tampa. The guy at the store rolled his eyes at me before I even spoke one word. The problem should have been easily fixed... the mats I purchased for my '07 Vette didn't fit right. Instead of helping, the guy basically threw his hands up and said there was nothing he could do. Told me to come back and speak to some woman another day. When I asked for a refund, he refused and insisted that I would have to come back and speak to the woman. I walked out and vowed never to return.

Don't have this same experience... avoid this shop!
watson1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the heads up...we need more of this on this forum to help each other out...
Unread 10-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

over a set of floor mats? In this economy customers are like gold and should be treated that way.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Maybe the guy was just a part time wage earner that had no ability to help you. I understand your frustration, I would have been pissed as well, but you should at least try coming back to talk to the person he was referring you to.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Speak to managment, it may solve your problem. Keep us posted as to what happens!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Was that "The Corvette Shop" on Dale Mabry near Cypress?

If so, and the If the guy was a slightly larger guy, dark hair and a mustache, that would be Mike, he is one of the owners.

The "woman" is his wife.

If he was slightly smaller and has more of a sandy colored shortt hair, older guy, probably clean shaven, that's Danny IIRC and he's related as well I belive (it's been a while).

I've had my issues with them, but i've also been treated well. It really depends on thier mood, what's going on with the shop (internal drama) and Mike's health (he had some serious health issues not too long ago.)

I was in there once and basically called "cheap" because I wasn't ready to dump a house payment onto a used part for an old 87 vette!

Pissed me off so badly, I swore I'd never go back...and that was from jennifer his wife!
...then Mike had his heart issue and I felt kind of bad

I've been back sense and been treated well and very fairly.

I hope that there's an underlying issue somewhere.

It might not hurt to go back and talk to Mike or his wife Jennifer and tell them how it made you feel.

Hell, tell them Gordon told you to come back and see them. He can call me if there's a problem with that.

Danny can be a bit rough around the edges as well, but overall he's not a bad guy either. Just have to catch him in a good mood.

But the other poster is correct. In this economy, you really need to be nicer to your clients. I know lately, I've had to put on some faces that just don't fit in order to keep from telling more than one of mine to KMA, adios, vaya-con-don't let the door hit you in the ass-Dios!!

Did mention that patience is NOT one of my virtues?

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

Consider yourself extremely lucky you didn't take your car to CorvettesWest in Sarasota for engine work.

I did, and their incompetence cost me my engine. The only good thing is that I didn't put a rod through the matching numbers block. Everything else from the rocker arms down was toast....

I wrote my own thread in this forum about it complete with pix.

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote