The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 04-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dalton View Post
They'll probably send you a gift card....if they have any in stock. Man, what an ordeal for you. Was the survey you took just a fill in the numbers type or could you also write comments? If the latter, I'd have filled it up!
Luckily it had a comments section. I laid it on pretty hard.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Finally got a call from the manager. They'll be installing the new weatherstripping tomorrow morning. But I had to call her up and lay into her to get it done.
Unread 04-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #13
XQIZT
Defender of the C4's

Name :
XQIZT is on a distinguished road

GEEZ...What a mess....glad you laid into them...lets just hope that someone listens and doesn't just chalk it up to a Corvette owner being overly picky. (you weren't, but thats what some companies think about us)
Unread 04-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #14
shakedown067
Sinister C4

The corporate office called back tonight. I'm getting two gift cards ($150 total) and they are calling the shop tomorrow to find out when they'll be out to fix my car. They are suppose to be at the office before noon, but that what I said. The manager just said in the morning. That's a little vague isn't it. Corp is suppose to call me back to confirm a time in the AM.
Unread 04-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #15
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation

This won't help you but it might help the next guy that needs a windshield.

We have a lot of road construction going on in my area. I didn't notice when it happened but found a rock peck in the windshield of my ZO6. It soon propogated in to a crack and I had to have it replaced.

I asked around and finally ended up having Lloyd's Auto Glass in Tampa replace it. They sent 2 very qualified techs to the house and they replaced it in my garage. They were very careful and did an excellent job. They delt with the insurance company and I didn't pay a cent out of pocket to have it replaced.

Unfortunately it has happened again and I am waiting for the crack to get bigger so the insurance will pay for it again. I'll definitely have Lloyd's do the work.

By the way, my name is Lloyd but I don't have anything to do with this company.
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #16
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Thanks for your input. I've got two good sources for those in pinellas county too NOW. Gator Glass in clearwater was recommended by my insurance agent and AAA auto glass in St Pete was HIGHLY recommended by my bodyshop. Of course I got both of these after everything had started already with safelite.

Biggest thing I've learned from this, DON'T GET IN A HURRY. Always ask around for recommendations for anything you get done to your car. Who knew a windshield would be such an issue.
Unread 05-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #17
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

I had a friend who had the windshield in his Z replaced by safelite. Only problem I saw with everything is the ugly, non-factory trim they installed but other than that he had no issues.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #18
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

I just had the windshield in my 95 replaced by Safelite. They called to let me know they were going to be late. They did a great job and it was actually less than I was quoted online. Less than half of the amount two other local companies quoted.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #19
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdave View Post
I just had the windshield in my 95 replaced by Safelite. They called to let me know they were going to be late. They did a great job and it was actually less than I was quoted online. Less than half of the amount two other local companies quoted.
Nice to know they aren't like this everywhere. Which I figured, or they wouldn't be in business. Thanks for chiming in.
Unread 05-06-2010, 11:04 PM   #20
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I think it depends a lot on what 'crew' or technician shows up.
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote