The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Fatbum, to you and your family. Stick with us Buddy and you'll be just fine. You made a great choice Extreme.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #12
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdave View Post
I had XXX do some work on my Mustang and had no problem with it. They answered the phone, emails, and were there when I needed them for a dyno tune to fix a bad lean condition. Your comment is the only bad thing I've ever heard about their shop.
Well sir, you have a Mustang, and Brad does the mustangs. He has separated himself from John Weeks who did all the GM self. xXx is now just a Ford shop. There have been horrible nightmare stories to come out of that place.

Brad however is a really good guy and knows his stuff.

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to cars generally, and was smart enough to pull my tune to begin with. That's where the problems began. All the people who preached xXx on their GM cars probably didn't do the same. The install was beyond negligent and was done ****ty intentionally because of laziness.

And thanks for all the warm welcomes folks!
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #13
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
Well sir, you have a Mustang, and Brad does the mustangs. He has separated himself from John Weeks who did all the GM self. xXx is now just a Ford shop. There have been horrible nightmare stories to come out of that place.

Brad however is a really good guy and knows his stuff.

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to cars generally, and was smart enough to pull my tune to begin with. That's where the problems began. All the people who preached xXx on their GM cars probably didn't do the same. The install was beyond negligent and was done ****ty intentionally because of laziness.

And thanks for all the warm welcomes folks!
Sorry for missing the welcome first time.

And I don't have a mustang any more. I'm REALLY surprized you had any trouble with anything from John Weeks. Again, you're the first person I've ever heard have trouble with John. I also "know what I'm talking about when it comes to cars generally (and specifically)".

Why did you run down XXX if the source of your complaint with them no longer works there and you believe that Brad knows his stuff?
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #14
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Quote:
Sorry for missing the welcome first time.

And I don't have a mustang any more. I'm REALLY surprized you had any trouble with anything from John Weeks. Again, you're the first person I've ever heard have trouble with John. I also "know what I'm talking about when it comes to cars generally (and specifically)".

Why did you run down XXX if the source of your complaint with them no longer works there and you believe that Brad knows his stuff?
Well, it was known as xXx Motorsports, now it is xXx Performance. Half the guys don't work there anymore due to all the problems. I could post tons of incidents of peoples trannies blowing out, their tunes being complete garbage and their installs damaging cars. The GTO guys all around P-Cola learned quick that the shop was a joke on the GM side. John Weeks has problems with everyone, and everyone has problems with him. His tunes, his attitude everything. If you can accept the fact I can't be too biased since I admit Brad does good work, then I'm sure you could trust his and my judgment that John is a horrible performance tuner. I mean, Brad himself didn't want to work with him anymore.

I figured most the people on this site wouldn't know who xXx anyway, and if they did, they would have GM cars which wouldn't be relative to xXx anymore since they only tune Fords. So I didn't assume any foul would come from it.

I've separated the two enough I'd say in this thread to appease you right?
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #15
gsdave
engineer

Name :

Quote:
I've separated the two enough I'd say in this thread to appease you right?
That's cute.

But you're right, I would rather not see you run down a good shop that LOTS of people have had good experiences with and continue to have good luck with.
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #16
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Quote:
That's cute.

But you're right, I would rather not see you run down a good shop that LOTS of people have had good experiences with and continue to have good luck with.
No one is having good luck with the GM side that isn't there anymore. I will talk down John Weeks and the **** install team he had any day of the week. He doesn't deserve to touch cars, especially anyone elses.

Good experiences are usually ignorant experiences. If you don't know your tune is crap, you're never going to know unless someone else looks at it. I mean.. the facts pretty much support the weight of this one. I can start posting tunes and pics if you want to defend them.

I wasn't being cute either, I was being serious.
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #17
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sorry guys, but this thread has gone well outside of what the Welcome Room is for, and into territory that is really better placed in the Board of Inquiry Forum. I'm going to divide out the posts that are relevant to the Welcome Rom and copy this entire thread to the BOI forum.
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #18
gsdave
engineer

Name :

Quote:
Good experiences are usually ignorant experiences. If you don't know your tune is crap, you're never going to know unless someone else looks at it. I mean.. the facts pretty much support the weight of this one. I can start posting tunes and pics if you want to defend them.

I wasn't being cute either, I was being serious.
Well, glad you had a such a good experience with XTREME, you're quote above makes it very meaningful. I'm being serious too.
Unread 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #19
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Quote:
Well, glad you had a such a good experience with XTREME, you're quote above makes it very meaningful. I'm being serious too.
And just to clarify, when I say good experiences, I mean in the sense that "I just got my car got dyno'd! It made XXX/XXX !!!" Good numbers and even good track times alone don't constitute good quality. There is a level of efficiency that has to be achieved, and band-aids can make a lot of things look better. My car technically ran "fine". In 1000 miles it would have been totally trashed, no doubt about it.
Unread 09-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #20
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, if there is one thing I do believe about Chris, it's that he will completely stand behind his work. I think that is what we all really want when we have something done to our pride and joy.