The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #31
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

...Not a bad idea at all...

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #32
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

That can work. We take on an intern each year and one of our more loyal techs was just that. Right out of tech school w/no experiance and he has turned into a super reliable worker and does the R&R part, but is still a ways from letting loose on engine builds and turbo designs. And it's taken 3 years to get him to this point. But he will be with us for the long haul. Good suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow View Post
to further aid the left turn this thread has taken, LOL

Central HS in Brooksville where I work at has an auto tech shop. Just a crazy idea but why not consider taking a raw kid that is enthusiastic and train him to the way your shop does things???

Maybe an apprentice type deal possibly to get a look at a kid and see what their work ethic is like and so on? Possibly a joint venture between all the area shops?

I know for a fact these kids would be very excited at the prospect of competing for a spot in a performance shop and the possibilty of having a paying gig right after graduation would be very motivating to them.

You could even set minimum standards for them to qualify such as math skills (algebra) and reading skills.

Additionally you are helping give a job to a local home grown kid too.

Just a hair brained idea I had.
Unread 12-25-2009, 06:03 AM   #33
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
That can work. We take on an intern each year and one of our more loyal techs was just that. Right out of tech school w/no experiance and he has turned into a super reliable worker and does the R&R part, but is still a ways from letting loose on engine builds and turbo designs. And it's taken 3 years to get him to this point. But he will be with us for the long haul. Good suggestion!
If you need a Belligerent Old Bastard to keep the crew in Whips and Chains,or a Crash Test Dummy I might be interested in the spring!! I'll bring my own Anvil and Sand Pile!!

Unread 12-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #34
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
If you need a Belligerent Old Bastard to keep the crew in Whips and Chains,or a Crash Test Dummy I might be interested in the spring!! I'll bring my own Anvil and Sand Pile!!

Works for me Junk!!
Unread 12-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #35
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation
Default Interesting isn't it when 2 opposites can reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
...Not a bad idea at all...
something along the same lines of agreement.
Sounds ot me Tracy and Brad need a place to sit and have a PINT together and get things back on track. I really don't see money as the object of their problem, I do believe a solid work plan, and structure of business practices needs some attention, but certainly not something that can't be reached.
START a new year..NEW.
Thanks guy's for this site and the men who have the shoulder's NOT to judge on face of what is, or is nos not objective in here. Thanks Rich and Thanks Shadow.

Spice
spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote