The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 05-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
keithker

Name :
keithker has disabled reputation
Default Questionable Services at Ferman

I took my recently purchased '75 Stringray to Ferman services on 21 April to have it looked over and at least three issues addressed. That was on 21 April it is still isn't done. And then I get a phone call today from the "service manager" and I'll use that term lightly considering days went by sometimes without knowing the status of my car. He states that now I have a broken brake line and it is going to cost me more money. Sorry but I drove that car to Ferman and it wasn't towed there. I was told "well you know everything is old and things can happen". This all comes after the three original items that I specifically wanted addressed (the speedometer, hood latch and an a/c hose needed to be replaced). Now after purchasing over $1700 in my own parts and an estimated $4300 in repairs to have everything from the whole rear suspension completely redone and the exhaust completely replaced (mind you this is a car I drove into Ferman without an issue), I'm told that "well it's an old car and the brake line likely broke because it is old." I'm told it takes hours to get a bolt off and that maybe it was too much for them. Friends warned me about their services and now I'm seeing it with my own eyes.
keithker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

I always stay away from STEALERSHIPS and use the services of the smaller Vette specific mechanics like Anti Venom in Brandon, or Auto XTC in Clearwater. Greg and John know their stuff. If you can get the car back soon have one of them look it over for ya.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
XQIZT
Defender of the C4's

Name :
XQIZT is on a distinguished road

I agree with Z06...A car as old as yours should not be at a new car dealership. Try out one of the smaller Corvette specialty shops. You'll be MUCH better off. Good luck with your current issue.