The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Paint & Body Work Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Paint & Body Work Forum For those people interested in the specifics of doing paint and body work repairs and/or enhancements.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-15-2017, 01:28 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Weatherstrip replacements

One of these days I am going to get the C5Z repainted, and when that happens I will want to get the mouldings above the door windows on both sides replaced, since they are both broken somehow. I already have new ones that I bought set on the shelf in the garage, but I was looking at accounts or replacing those mouldings, and it seems that most people are saying that the weatherstrip that goes between the window and that moulding will usually get destroyed in the process. Apparently the weatherstrip is glued in place and trying to remove the weatherstrip is not a gentle process.

So I decided I should get a set of weatherstrips as well. In case anyone is interested, the GM part numbers for these items is as follows:

10333467 (passenger side)
10333468 (driver side)

I found a guy on Ebay selling a set from a 2004 Z06 and he claimed they had no rips or tears in them, so heck, I decided to buy them. Well, when I got them, I found quite a few rips and tears in them, all on the side that would have been glued to the moulding. Pictures will be below. Honestly, I'm not happy with the rips I see, but never having done this sort of thing before, will they be a significant problem? Will they likely be the source of leaks and other headaches? Or is this a non issue and I'm just worried about nothing?