The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 02-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #1
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road
Default Dealer can't answer

There is a 2012 GS for sale at Dimmit Chevy with under 9k miles. The sales person won't answer my question about how old the tires are. I bet they are the same run flats that came with the car when it was built at the factory.

Hefty asking price of 38k and has the F55 ride. Them tires gotta be 2k to replace. Guy took a vid of the tires, but never did answer me about the date of the tires. They gotta be hard as a rock with no grip.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2020, 09:20 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

That is SOP for salesmanship. Never give information that might kill the sale. Only state the positive things, and never the negative things.

If in doubt, and the point is critical to the purchase, walk away.

Personally based on the mileage, I would be certain that those are the original tires on the car. They probably just got it in on a trade-in and want to move it out as quickly as possible, "AS IS".

IMHO.
Unread 02-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #3
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
That is SOP for salesmanship. Never give information that might kill the sale. Only state the positive things, and never the negative things.

If in doubt, and the point is critical to the purchase, walk away.

Personally based on the mileage, I would be certain that those are the original tires on the car. They probably just got it in on a trade-in and want to move it out as quickly as possible, "AS IS".

IMHO.
No way i would pay 38k for a 2012 with them old tires. Not safe to even sell that car with them old tires and i bet a set of Pilot sports would be a easy $2k for a set. They are selling new 2019's for under 48k.
Unread 02-09-2020, 01:08 PM   #4
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

https://www.tires-easy.com/blog/tire-dot-date-code/
Unread 02-09-2020, 07:41 PM   #5
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Nice link. I would offer 35k max as is. It is a nice car with the Z16 option. Just that my C6 with tune and headers and NNP in a box sounds and runs so good i really wanna hang on to it. Never a problem other than the gas tank leak fix under recall for free and a new battery last month. The new C8 is starting to win me over. Maybe wait it out about 3 years.
Unread 02-10-2020, 01:20 AM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Nice link. I would offer 35k max as is. It is a nice car with the Z16 option. Just that my C6 with tune and headers and NNP in a box sounds and runs so good i really wanna hang on to it. Never a problem other than the gas tank leak fix under recall for free and a new battery last month. The new C8 is starting to win me over. Maybe wait it out about 3 years.
Yeah, I would let that C8 get some "user" miles on it for a while. One thing that would worry me is that after the warranty runs out, how tough is it going to be to work on the thing? Looks like doing anything on the engine will have to be done from underneath. Otherwise any tech working from the top is going to be laying on painted surfaces to get to anything.

But is IS a sharp looking car.....
Unread 02-10-2020, 06:43 AM   #7
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Seems the A8 problem for the C7 was never fixed really. Not sure how the 2019's are doing after the fluid change. No way i would mod a C7 and be without a warranty.

The C6 was was pretty much bullet proof. I just like the looks of the Grand sport C6.