The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Things I hate....

Today, it's Ebay. I'm trying to buy some tools off of Ebay from a single seller using the shopping cart. This dumb piece of software just totals up the shipping charge on all of these small items. Seven (7) items total and they are showing a shipping charge of $91.00. Yeah, right.... But wait! They have a button saying "Request a total price from seller"! Yeah, that should get them to combine shipping so it is more reasonable, shouldn't it?

Well, you would think. However, when you click on that button, you get a notice that says:
Quote:
You must commit to purchase these items before requesting a total price.

To request a total for this purchase, you must first commit to buy all the items included in this order.

You can still uncheck items if you do not want to commit to them or do not want to include them in this request.

Remember, you are already committed to buy items that you have won in auctions or through best offer.
Yeah, right...... Well suppose they just say that this is the shipping charge, and tough luck. I won't want to BUY these items with that shipping charge attached, but I have COMMITTED to buying them. So why even HAVE that button where it is located in the shopping cart page anyway?

Nuts, I tell you, just plain nuts.