The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 04-17-2020, 07:04 PM   #1
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road
Default Cig lighter stopped working

Was putting air in my tires and the pump just stopped. I checked another car and the air pump works. I am guessing it is a fuse that blown. Anyone else have this problem?
CHASZ51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2020, 08:38 PM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Cigarette lighter and interior light fuse should be on the same circuit.
Unread 04-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Fuse would be my first guess too. Perhaps the pump was drawing too much current.

But another possibility is that the wire on back of the lighter socket might have come loose. Seems to me I had problems with it coming loose whenever I had to pull the console out when working on the shifter.
Unread 04-18-2020, 07:12 AM   #4
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

I will check it out today.
Unread 04-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #5
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Looks like a pain to get to the fuse i need to replace. I just bough a cig plug with gator clips to go right on the batt. I really need to look for newer Vette. Can't even get parts to fix the seat control.
Unread 04-19-2020, 11:18 AM   #6
Rich Z

I doubt that the newer vettes will be any easier to work on. GM's engineers and designers don't have to work on the vehicles they design, obviously.

Yeah, I know a new car will come with a factory warranty, but honestly I have never been real impressed with the care (or lack thereof) that the service departments give to customer's cars when they are working on them. You run the risk of having your original problem fixed, just to find that they damaged something else on your car.

IMHO.
Unread 04-20-2020, 07:23 AM   #7
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

I just don't like keeping a car past 7 years old. And now with no parts if something big goes wrong i am done. I know even a new Vette can have probs.

Not sure when the parts problem will get back to normal. Saw a used 2019 1LT for $45k with 15k miles. But i won't be gaining power since i have headers and tune. Really looking for a nice 2018 or 19 Z51.
Unread 04-20-2020, 12:20 PM   #8
Rich Z

Yeah, I do know what you mean. There are so many electronics modules in cars these days. But heck, that is true with just about everything lately. I had a devil of a time with my standby generator a little while back, and wound up having to buy a used electronics module to finally fix it.

Certainly the manufacturers of automobiles don't have any incentive to stock parts indefinitely, since they are in business to sell new vehicles. But for us consumers to be spending $50,000+ on what soon becomes almost a throwaway item, well, it does give you pause when you think about it. It is a game that becomes tiresome after a while from playing it for so long.

But what are you going to do? We do like our wheels for getting around town...... I guess we could all just move to The Villages and drive golf carts. Maybe try our hand at souping them up a bit.

Unread 04-20-2020, 07:45 PM   #9
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, I do know what you mean. There are so many electronics modules in cars these days. But heck, that is true with just about everything lately. I had a devil of a time with my standby generator a little while back, and wound up having to buy a used electronics module to finally fix it.

Certainly the manufacturers of automobiles don't have any incentive to stock parts indefinitely, since they are in business to sell new vehicles. But for us consumers to be spending $50,000+ on what soon becomes almost a throwaway item, well, it does give you pause when you think about it. It is a game that becomes tiresome after a while from playing it for so long.

But what are you going to do? We do like our wheels for getting around town...... I guess we could all just move to The Villages and drive golf carts. Maybe try our hand at souping them up a bit.

Guess if i get a 2019 C7 i will leave it stock and just add a cat back. I am hoping the 8 speed trans in the 2019's will be ok. It was a nitemare for many with the 2015's thru 17's. I notice people are dumping Vettes like crazy now.
Unread 04-20-2020, 11:41 PM   #10
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Guess if i get a 2019 C7 i will leave it stock and just add a cat back. I am hoping the 8 speed trans in the 2019's will be ok. It was a nitemare for many with the 2015's thru 17's. I notice people are dumping Vettes like crazy now.
Any ideas on why people are dumping them?