• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

FYI...Celebrities That Drive Corvettes

als2052

Road Trip!
Many celebrities drive expensive and foreign vehicles. However, some prefer to stay with American classics, such as the Chevrolet Corvette. This is a list of famous people who have driven, previously or currently own a Corvette.

Television hosts and stars consist of the late Phil Harris, of Discovery’s “Deadliest Catch”, currently owns a 2008 Corvette Z06, and has owned a total of 7 Corvettes in his life.

Guy Fieri, chef on Food Network, drives a 2007 Corvette

Gregg Allman, rock singer and songwriter, loves Corvettes. A 2005 Corvette is what he usually drives, and he has owned 7 Corvettes so far.

WWE wrestler and actor John Cena, has a 1969 COPO Camaro, and a 2009 Corvette.

Coling Powell drives a Corvette

Can you think of anyone else?

Paul McCartney supposedly has a C5.........
Andy Anderson :wavey:
I would also suspect that Jay Leno has one, or more.......

Not sure if he qualifies as a celebrity but the Detroit Tigers pitcher (Armando Galarraga) who lost a perfect game a while back due to a bad call by the 1st base umpire, was given a new Corvette 'vert by GM. Talk about lucky!:dancer01:

Travolta

We have a guy in our club that has a 1965 Vert that was owned by John Travolta. He bought it from the Corvette Store in Tarpon Springs with documentation. Plus it is one of the early '65's that have drum brakes. Rare?

Here's my list...not inclusive of course...

I'll mention who I know as either having a Corvette now or use to own one. You might have to do a little research to see if these people currently have one.

John McCain
Tim Allen ("Tim the Tool Man Taylor")
Mario Andretti (ZR1 serial #500) Go figure on the serial #...:hehehe:
Paul Tuetul Sr (of Orange County Chopper fame)...a ZR1 and Z06.
Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. (all ZR1's)
Sharon Stone

And of course, numerous Astronauts...of Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Space Shuttle fame. We currently have two active Astronauts in the Cape Kennedy club.

Zang!! :thumbsup:

add Reggie Jackson's STABLE

last I knew and counted 24 in house.
Loni Anderson's white C5 Conv w/ red
Betty Skeltons Gold C4
Ken Griffey Jr, ZR-1 and Z-06........ both white
:thumbsup:

not Celeb's, but there are

and going for the record............my street here in Heathrow, 9 covette owner's ,,,,,,,,,,,,,never lived where there were this many owner's

1966 red 427 conv
1997 Nassau Blue Cpe
2001 Peweter Cpe
1998 Torch red conv
2001 Electron blue conv
2002 Electron Cpe
2004 LeMans blue Cpe
2004 White cpe
2004 torch red conv

and going for the record............my street here in Heathrow, 9 covette owner's ,,,,,,,,,,,,,never lived where there were this many owner's

1966 red 427 conv
1997 Nassau Blue Cpe
2001 Peweter Cpe
1998 Torch red conv
2001 Electron blue conv
2002 Electron Cpe
2004 LeMans blue Cpe
2004 White cpe
2004 torch red conv

:toetap05::toetap05::toetap05::toetap05:....So why are they not with us on line here? Huh?:toetap05::toetap05::toetap05::toetap05:

Slacker!:lmao::lmao::rofl1::rofl1:

Used to be 3 in my neighborhood. I think they're all gone now:nonod:

Back