• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Throw a CorvetteFlorida Forum party.

Formula Outlaw

65' 2 owner car
I think that Rich Z, as the grand Pubah of our site here, should throw a monster party for us as soon as his snake season is done.

How about it Rich? What would twenty bucks a head get us??????

Or fifty?????

We could do it somewhere in a central location for all of us.

Here here Rich. You da man.....:) :)

Formula Outlaw said:
I think that Rich Z, as the grand Pubah of our site here, should throw a monster party for us as soon as his snake season is done.

How about it Rich? What would twenty bucks a head get us??????

Or fifty?????

We could do it somewhere in a central location for all of us.

Here here Rich. You da man.....:) :)

Entry into the MONS VENUS:hehehe:

$50...you don't wanna know.....:lmao:

I'm up for a party. Central Florida would be good. Maybe work out a deal with one of the hotel chains or WallyWorld to host it and make it a mini gathering.

Tell me what you need for help. I'm in:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hell, I can't even get business cards set up and organized and you think I could tackle something like this? :lmao: Plus as far as "organization" is concerned, you should see my den....... :eek: Plus since the center of the state would be the logical choice, I would have to do EVERYTHING long distance trying to arrange a PLACE.

Sounds like a good idea, but honestly right now, it's all I can do to stay awake long enough each day to get MOST of what I need to get done.

Heck just thinking about the details of setting up a party for us makes my head spin......... :crazy03:

I'm in.

I hate planning things from a long distance too.

How does one make a business card on one's computer anyway? I wouldn't mind having something in hand when I go to those shows in the next month.

Scott

Rich Z said:
Hell, I can't even get business cards set up and organized and you think I could tackle something like this? :lmao: Plus as far as "organization" is concerned, you should see my den....... :eek: Plus since the center of the state would be the logical choice, I would have to do EVERYTHING long distance trying to arrange a PLACE.

Sounds like a good idea, but honestly right now, it's all I can do to stay awake long enough each day to get MOST of what I need to get done.

Heck just thinking about the details of setting up a party for us makes my head spin......... :crazy03:

Ok, nothing personal, but this is rediculous:rolleyes:

Delegate Rich.

I think there's more than one or 2 of us that could this task and report back to you on it's progress, don't you?

You can't do everything yourself bro...nothing will happen...Offer still stands, let me know what you need?

Gordon

Shadow said:
Ok, nothing personal, but this is rediculous:rolleyes:

Delegate Rich.

I think there's more than one or 2 of us that could this task and report back to you on it's progress, don't you?

You can't do everything yourself bro...nothing will happen...Offer still stands, let me know what you need?

Gordon

Well yeah, it's going to HAVE to be this way. I don't have a clue about what would be involved. I'm just not one of these strong public personalities (leader type) either. And probably the resource that I am ALWAYS the most lacking in is TIME. And honestly, what my grandfather told me when I was a kid is definitely proving true. He said "Ritchie, the older you get the faster time will go by." Probably nothing more true has ever been spoken. I'm scared to death that one day I will try to take a cat nap and pull a Rip Van Winkle.......... :eek:

Rich Z said:
Well yeah, it's going to HAVE to be this way. I don't have a clue about what would be involved. I'm just not one of these strong public personalities (leader type) either. And probably the resource that I am ALWAYS the most lacking in is TIME. And honestly, what my grandfather told me when I was a kid is definitely proving true. He said "Ritchie, the older you get the faster time will go by." Probably nothing more true has ever been spoken. I'm scared to death that one day I will try to take a cat nap and pull a Rip Van Winkle.......... :eek:
:lmao: :lmao:

Ok then, lets get the :party: started...:dancer01:

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...we don't need no water let the mofo burn!!!!!:lmao:

fish bones on sand lake road in orlando is a great place to get some food. we could even hit old town just down the road for a saturday night cruise. plenty to do in that area and it is located almost in the middle of the state. sometime in october might be good because the summer rush is over and it is a little cooler.

i have a friend that ownes a business that does buesiness cards. i could check out the products and see about getting something together for rich to look at. as for doing business cards on a computer, it could be done with the right software and printer. perhaps a few artistic members could come up with something and post it for everyone to see. all rich would have to do then is have a poll or give a nod on the one he likes best. just a few thoughts. it would be nice to have a get together. seems like some really good people on here.

This is a great idea, although I understand the hassles of setting of this type of get-together. I would be willing to assist if someone else :rofl1: would take the lead.
Say we agree on a time and city, then RichZ delegates members to put a "voteable" list together for each venue. ei, hotel, dinners, entertainment,ect.:thumbsup:
Count me IN, and tell me what you want me to research:)

Chuck.

Orlando would seem to be the logical choice, unless people want to do it here in Sarasota then I could pretty much set it up. I just don't think Sarasota is a central location for all the members.

Let me know what I can do to help. I've already got ten bonus points in the bag for coming up with the idea...:D :D

Formula Outlaw said:
I've already got ten bonus points in the bag for coming up with the idea...:D :D

But just like the TV show "Who's Line Is It Anyway?", the points don't matter! :lmao:

TwistedFun said:
fish bones on sand lake road in orlando is a great place to get some food. we could even hit old town just down the road for a saturday night cruise. plenty to do in that area and it is located almost in the middle of the state. sometime in october might be good because the summer rush is over and it is a little cooler.

Don't forget the 1st weekend in October (6th & 7th) there's a great show called Vette Fest at Old Town. The past 10 years it was called Octobervettes but the name changed this year. Friday the 6th is a Pizza and Beer party at the host hotel (Seralago Hotel) just 2 blocks from Old Town, and Sat the 7th is the show itself. All over town you see Vettes cruising around after the show. I've seen 300 Vettes on a rainy weekend show up, and over 500 on a sunny show weekend.:thumbsup:

Come out and support the show! It's a great time. Valve cover races and other events throughout the day as well.:yesnod:

WE SHOULD MAKE THIS SHOW A CORVETTE FLORIDA GET TOGETHER !!

Z06 Rocket said:
WE SHOULD MAKE THIS SHOW A CORVETTE FLORIDA GET TOGETHER !!
I thought about that, too. If it's gonna be in October then that is probably the best time to do it

What about Don Garlits in Belleview? It's right on I75. A sleep inn is at that exit. I'll be willing to help out as well.

Count me in for the get together, sounds like fun. If I can be of any assistance, just yell.

Sure hope it's not the 3rd week of Oct., will be in Vegas. Any other time, throw my name any money in the hat.

Rich, careful taking those naps Bro.:rofl1:

Jack

Spoke with Robert today (Pewter99). He's in charge of coordinating the St. Judes run and it coincides with the Octobervettes (wtf ever its called now) show.

If you want to do it this date, we're gonna have to do it ourselves or plan it for another weekend.

Thoughts?

Back