The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 11-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Price check on '05 C6 LMB auto coupe??

Went to look at one today, and it has 21K+ miles on it. Interior looks in real good shape, but there are quite a few scratches on the exterior paint. Looks like someone went through a hedge with it or something. Also the left front air dam (spoiler) underneath the bumper is torn off.

What would something like that be selling for? I know the Lemans Blue paint job was an additional $$ option for the C6. It also has a HUD, but I don't know what other options may be involved.

The wife likes the color OK, but she still prefers that Spiral Gray on the C5s...
Unread 11-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default $40,988

Mileage: 13,484 Body Style: Coupe Exterior Color: Machine Silver Interior Color: Ebony Leather Stock #: 1G1YY24U655117055 VIN: 1G1YY24U655117055
*Has a black top. I wasn't sure of your price range, but all of the '05 Vettes i've seen on "cars.com" are $38k and up.
Unread 11-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Rich Z

Actually I did a search on Cars.com showing ALL 2005 C6s in the country listed there and came up with 625 or so hits. There were approximately 10 or so for $36K or below, but unfortunately none within reasonable driving distance.

I think I could maybe get this car for substantially less than the sticker price. But a lot would depend on how well those scratches would come out. At least one is deep enough that it would be a bugger getting it to go away.

I'm just trying to figure out that even with these warts if it is worth the money. It's been up for sale since August, so I think they are probably anxious to sell it. They've already dropped the price twice since I first noticed it for sale, so they are obviously motivated to deal.
Unread 11-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Ohhhh

Sorry, I only did a "local" search not realizing you'd want to go out of state.
My bad!
Anyway...looks like you've got the "cars.com" covered.
Unread 11-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
Rich Z

Well actually no, I don't want to go out of state to buy a car, but I wanted to see what prices were out of state. I really would not want to buy a car sight unseen. They pretty much ALL look good in pictures.

Which is one reason why I pretty much have to rule out Ebay in any of my searches. There are no guarantees that are healthy for you that way. If you do the BUY IT NOW, then you are pretty much stuck at least losing the deposit. No sense going to see it beforehand, because someone else could click that button when you were half way there. Even with open bidding, there is no guarantee that the bidding might go over what you are willing to pay, so you just wasted a trip to go see the car in person.

I do check prices there, but just no way I can buy that way. That's what I did with my current vette, and that was not a comfortable experience. I would like to hope I have learned my lesson....

Heck, even buying locally such as in this instance, there is every possibility that someone else could buy the car why I am investigating the details.

Just the way it goes. Whatever happens was meant to happen, I guess.