The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Paint & Body Work Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Paint & Body Work Forum For those people interested in the specifics of doing paint and body work repairs and/or enhancements.

Unread 06-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road
Default Frankie's got a new suit

Hello All,

Frankenstein was painted this morning around 7am. I have to fix the hood and the bottoms of the doors and reclear it. I tried to get everything perfect, but sometimes it just does not work out that way. I will get it right though. The rest of the car came out awesome. Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Lady N
1980 Black Beauty

Name :
Lady N has disabled reputation

Yeah that baby is cooking now
Lady N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

WOW, looking awesomely good brother. I wanna see Frankie in person!
Unread 06-15-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :

Hello,

Frankie will be out sporting his new paint job soon, if I dont kill him first. lol. He is a stubborn lil bugger. Ok. I worked all day Fri, Sat and Sunday on this car. Since I started this job, I had to redo the front & rear bumpers, Targa top three times, two headlight covers, bottoms of both doors and now the hood. You name it, I got it. Solvent pop, fish eyes minimum. But no runs. I get a break there. Oh and let me tell you, if you have urethane bumpers removed from the car and the paint store tells you that you dont need flex agent in the clear, tell them they are full of sh.. I reprimed the hood. So now its blocking and getting it straight again. Fun, fun fun! I am trying to get a show quality paint job without a professional paint booth and its a bitch. Alot of wet sanding and it will come out nice. I have sacrificed many hours on this car with minimum help (around 300 or more so far).

I will not sell this car, its going to the grave with me. Oh, we got to go to dinner tonight with my Red 87 vette. I am so happy that my 87 needs no paint work. Its beautiful, all original (not butchered). Frankie was an unloved abused corvette from the previous owners. Shame on them. But I am recreating this monster vette. So I guess that makes me DR FRANKENSTEIN. lol. The next time I post, Frankie will be all finished, Chrome wheels, new interior, weatherstrip, stereo etc. Its going to be bad a.. Here are some pics from the weekend.

Joe - Flash man
Attached Images

Unread 06-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #5
Lady N
1980 Black Beauty

Name :

Another black beauty on the works yeahhhhhhhhh. I told you about the flex earlier is a must . Cant wait to see it It should be done for the pier show .
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #6
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :

Hi Angel,

I was sanding the front bumper (because of solvent pop) when I noticed a crack in the clearcoat. I repaired the front bumper in a few spots and thought I missed a spot. But when I sanded it down to the rubber there was no damage. I had the bumper on a stand and it was pushing on the bumper a little. So theres my problem. A stress crack in the clearcoat! I repainted the bumpers and used SEM super flex agent.

This car will be done by the fourth of July. I dont like unfinished projects. This is why I am working so hard to get this car finished. When I get started on something, I have to get it done. Its been too long already. Almost five months! This car should have been completed a long time ago. But, I got the devil on my back screwing things up for me.lol. I will bring the car to the pier show, but it will not be on display because I will be working the show for the club. Thanks for all of your help. I will be in touch. Take care.

Joe - Flash man

Last edited by Flash man; 06-16-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Unread 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Good Luck on the final stages. It's looking good.
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #8
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :

Hello,

Thanks very much Rick. Hey I just want to say that if any of you corvette guys want to learn about wet sanding and buffing your car, You can stop down at my warehouse/shop this Saturday and watch me wet sand and buff Frankie. I will show you how to remove orange peel and various paint defects. I carry all the products and buffing pads that you will need to do you own vette. Its makes a big difference. Take care.

Joe - Flash man
Unread 06-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #9
coolassbrad

Name :
coolassbrad is on a distinguished road

are you using ppg products humidity sucks for painting mathews paint makes a flex agent that can be bent into a complete circle its owned by ppg
coolassbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 08:51 AM   #10
Lady N
1980 Black Beauty

Name :

What a good offer that is you can learn a lot from that procedure I advise anyone that can make it do it. Ill got the honey do project this saturday and leaving out of town sunday on business . Joe Im glad you down to the last stages on Big Bad Black Frankie