The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 09-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default F/S 1971 Corvette LS5, 454, 4 sp, coupe

I'm looking to sell my 1971 Corvette LS5. It took me over 4 years to find the right car that fit what I was looking for. My intensions for the car was to one day have the car NCRS judged. Sadly, I don't see that happening for me. I lost my 22 year old son this month. He was my car show companion and fellow Corvette lover. I don't see a ton of car show or cruising in the near future. I don't need to sell the car. I just think maybe there is someone that can enjoy the car more than I will be able to in the near future. I have a ton of extra parts that go with the car as well as what is already installed on the car. I will list everything I have that goes with the car as well as the extras that are in storage. This car has been a great running car that needs nothing more than someone to enjoy it.

As the car sits now....

Original Matching numbers drivetrain (engine, transmission, and rear end)
454 CI (365 HP, 465 LBS Torque
Correct Mulsanne Blue exterior and Dark Blue interior
88,391 original miles
Power steering
Power brakes
M21 Close ratio 4 speed
S/S Chambered exhaust
3.70 rear gears
Holley 4165, 800 CFM, four barrel carb
Stewarts Stage 2 water pump
Dewitts direct fit aluminum radiator (factory painted black)

Additional original parts (not installed on car but kept in storage)

Original 7041205 Rochester carburetor, date code 0251, (rebuilt by Cliff Ruggles, never used, ready to install for use or judging)

Original 1100543 alternator, date code OH11, (rebuilt by John Pirkle, never used, ready to install for use or for judging)

Original 11008400 Starter, date code OJ26, Rebuilt by John Pirkle, never used, ready to install for use or judging)

Original 3992077 water pump, date code A23 71, rebuilt by Arthur Gould, never used, ready for use or for judging.

Original Delco Remy Patent pending "R" distributor cap (Very good condition)

Original 3958002 Thermostat housing (restored)

Original Double snorkel air cleaner with original lid (lid was just triple chromed and never installed.

Original set of orange painted valve covers

Original side mirror ( chrome is in average condition)

Set of 4 clip trim rings with one over valves stem (In excellent condition, I believe they are second generation ones.

Original gauge bezel (in excellent shape, the one in the car is a small crack in one side)

Original Goodyear spare with correct date code

Original Blower fan

Original parking brake console

Rebuilt/ Restored items:

Replaced rear trailing arm assembly (Van Steel) (2 years ago)

Replaced BF Goodrich tires 255/60 R15 all around (just over 1 year ago, 400 miles)

Restored wiper motor, replaced washer pump, replaced/ NOS control valve and wiper solenoid. (1 year ago)

Replaced power steering cylinder and lines (1 year ago)

Replaced front and rear suspension bushings (2 years ago)

Rebuilt head light actuators (1 year ago)

Rechromed original front bumper (1 1/2 years ago) triple chromed

Rebuild original heads (4 years ago)

Restored original Jack and handle (1 year ago)

Replaced door ajar switches (1 year ago)

Replaced radiator with Dewitts radiator, replaced radiator support (1 1/2 years ago)

Paint:

The car was repainted about 16 years ago in the original Mulsanne color. It's 2 stage base coat/clear coat. It has a few clips in the paint. It shows very well. I would rate the paint condition about 7 plus to 8. The gas lid was repainted about a year ago when I changed it out for a correct one. The paint is slightly off but hardly noticeable.

Interior:

The interior is in pretty nice shape. The rear carpet section is showing a little age but the rest is in pretty good shape. The seats are not ripped and are in good shape. The dash does have a small crack near one of the speakers but other wise good. New brake cover console pad (Al Knoch). I have a nice set of floor mats for the car. Also, have a set of t top storage bags which are in great shape.

Body and Glass:

The body is a no hit body with all original panels. The glass is all original except for the windshield is a replacement. I also have a very nice expensive Corvette cover for the car.

Frame and birdcage:

The frame and bird cage are in great shape. The frame was coated black in the early 80's and has no rust on it. The birdcage appears to be very solid. I have removed the kick panels and rear inspection covers to inspect and they were solid.

Overall the car is in great shape. All the fiber optics work. The head lights work great. The windshield wipers work great. The car just past a full safety inspection 1 week ago. The only things that don't work on the car is the clock, original radio, and CEC emission system which isn't hooked up. The speakers are not hooked up on the original radio. There is an aftermarket radio hooked up in one of the rear compartments. There is a speaker box in the rear that can be removed easily. I have paperwork dating back to the second owner from the early 80's. I have talked with the past 3 owners to verify the history of the car. There is no original paperwork. The car spend it's early life in New Jersey, then a short stay in Florida before moving on to Texas.

$34,500

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote