The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Firearms and Other Weapons

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Firearms and Other Weapons Had a request for this forum, so here it is. Guess it will give me some place to talk about guns myself after selling my ArmsLocker forum.

View Poll Results: What is your "General Impression" of LEO
They are usually pretty fair 16 84.21%
Most are corrupt & show favoritism to other LEO 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #21
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

I've also heard it came from "civilian on patrol" as opposed to military on patrol which also happened WAYYYYYYYY back in the day.....
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #22
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I travel all over the country and I am getting older but I see a lack of respect on both sides .I'm seeing more Leos with an attitude which goes back to poor training .I see more citizens which want to give lip when they know there wrong .This is again the results of poor training (by parents).

The last two ticket I received we're totally wrong .Both times I was calm courteous stated my plea and smiled listened to the officers mouth .I said nothing ,took the ticket and went to court .Both tickets we're tossed out after costing me a full days worth of my time.Both occurrences happened in the past couple of years in Maine .

Am I bitter ?Damn right ,If I saw an officer in distress I would not stop .

None of this would have happened ten years ago.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
I travel all over the country and I am getting older but I see a lack of respect on both sides .I'm seeing more Leos with an attitude which goes back to poor training .I see more citizens which want to give lip when they know there wrong .This is again the results of poor training (by parents).

The last two ticket I received we're totally wrong .Both times I was calm courteous stated my plea and smiled listened to the officers mouth .I said nothing ,took the ticket and went to court .Both tickets we're tossed out after costing me a full days worth of my time.Both occurrences happened in the past couple of years in Maine .

vett boy, I've been thinking about your post and I wasn't going to say anything but I just can't let it slide. Even if things went down as you say I am having a hard time believing that you would not assist a fellow human being that needed your help just because they were a LEO.

Many of my friends are LEO's, active and retired and not one of them is as you have described. And every damn one of them would put it all on the line for you. I hope you think long and hard about what you've posted.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #24
vett boy

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
vett boy, I've been thinking about your post and I wasn't going to say anything but I just can't let it slide. Even if things went down as you say I am having a hard time believing that you would not assist a fellow human being that needed your help just because they were a LEO.

Many of my friends are LEO's, active and retired and not one of them is as you have described. And every damn one of them would put it all on the line for you. I hope you think long and hard about what you've posted.
Well it doesn't surprise me that you and others are shocked but it's the way I honestly feel .A lot depends on the circumstance and under the heat of the moment I might assist but I'd say no and that doesn't bother my conscience at all.
Unread 02-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #25
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well it doesn't surprise me that you and others are shocked but it's the way I honestly feel .A lot depends on the circumstance and under the heat of the moment I might assist but I'd say no and that doesn't bother my conscience at all.
I just asked if you would please think about it. That's why I thought awhile before posting cause I don't want any hard feelings. I consider everyone on here to be like a neighbor rather than just someone posting into outer space. We've all been on those sites where just about everyone posts just to hear themselves talk and no one gives a rip what they say.

I can honestly say in over 50 yrs of driving I only remember one prick and I beat him in court. Even his partner who showed up for the hearing said the charge was unjustified. I have had maybe more than my share of tickets but I earned all of them.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #26
vett boy

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I just asked if you would please think about it. That's why I thought awhile before posting cause I don't want any hard feelings.
No hard feelings at all Bob .
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #27
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

LEO's certainly deserve our respect...they are just like you and I...just like everywhere else, you will alway find a few bad apples here and there...
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #28
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

P-ride (or Patience, your choice)
I-ntergrity
G-uts

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #29
C6Flatfoot

Name :
C6Flatfoot has disabled reputation

The "Thin Blue Line"
C6Flatfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but don't label us all the same. Like any other profession, there will be the bad apples. Make a complaint at the officer's agency (after you beat the charge in court). This will help them identify those that need to be "counseled" and perhaps receive remedial training.