The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 07-21-2018, 05:17 PM   #131
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

In the past, I used to think that the weather forecasts were bad. Even VERY bad. I don't know how they did it, but they have gotten even worse. Even with them changing the forecast sometimes every hour or less, they STILL get it wrong. When they have a forecast of 100% chance of rain, that doesn't leave much wiggle room, and yet it is usually wrong anyway. You certainly cannot make plans even 24 hours out if those plans depend on the weather forecast being correct.

I must be insane for even looking at a 10 day forecast. What am I still expecting by doing so?

I would hate to have a weather forecasters job and have my face known in public. Those people have to be subjected to an incredible amount of ridicule where ever they go. But I guess they get paid enough to put up with it.
Unread 07-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #132
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
In the past, I used to think that the weather forecasts were bad. Even VERY bad. I don't know how they did it, but they have gotten even worse. Even with them changing the forecast sometimes every hour or less, they STILL get it wrong. When they have a forecast of 100% chance of rain, that doesn't leave much wiggle room, and yet it is usually wrong anyway. You certainly cannot make plans even 24 hours out if those plans depend on the weather forecast being correct.

I must be insane for even looking at a 10 day forecast. What am I still expecting by doing so?

I would hate to have a weather forecasters job and have my face known in public. Those people have to be subjected to an incredible amount of ridicule where ever they go. But I guess they get paid enough to put up with it.
Most weather people are Q card readers and go by models and don't use their head.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #133
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Most weather people are Q card readers and go by models and don't use their head.
Yeah, I hear that. And from what I have seen, they don't even look outside or check the weather radar. I think it might be because the weather itself has become just so unpredictable on local levels. So I am honestly not sure what is worse, relying on local weather forecasts and take them at their word, or just not even bother looking at the forecasts and just accept whatever happens when you make your plans.

Man, I would really hate being in charge of scheduling an outside car show. I've gone to a couple that got rained out, and quite honestly, I will never knowingly do that again. I can't think of many things that are more boring.
Unread 07-22-2018, 08:40 PM   #134
Rich Z

Had a strong storm with lots of lightning come down from the north late last night. Looked like we were going to get clobbered as it widened out to the west. Then suddenly right before it got here, it sort of squeezed around to the east of us with us barely getting a drizzle.

Then today a couple of lines of storms came in from the north west, headed directly for us. The first line wrapped around us to the north, and then the second line wrapped around us to the south. I saw a few rain drops on the leaves when I went outside, but that was it. Those storm fronts went on through and pounded Perry and looks like Gainesville is getting clobbered too.

I swear someone around here must have some sort of rain repellent machine or something. It's actually uncanny how it does that most of the time. Wish I could easily capture videos of it. It's kind of funny in a gallows humor sense.

Probably need to water the citrus this week. The rain sure isn't helping any.
Unread 07-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #135
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

I got around 2.2" Sunday nite and around 3am Mon morning.
Unread 07-25-2018, 04:00 AM   #136
Rich Z

We only got about a quarter inch of rain on Tuesday. Kind of a surprise, since nothing really looked like rain heading this way on the weather radar.

I had actually just finished up cutting some areas with the extended hedge trimmer, so the rain actually felt good on the walk back to the house.
Unread 07-31-2018, 09:54 PM   #137
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Looks like you're getting drenched right now!

Name:  layerRIP60BPJ.png
Views: 128
Size:  9.4 KB
Unread 08-01-2018, 12:14 AM   #138
Rich Z

Yeah, 1.07" of rain in the past 24 hours, and looks like a lot more coming up from the Gulf.

And here I was thinking that I should take the C5Z out for a ride now and again. So much for that idea.
Unread 08-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #139
Rich Z

LOTS of rain! Measuring 2.70" within the past 24 hours. Still more on the way.

Apparently we are under a flash flood watch thru Thursday.
Unread 08-02-2018, 07:49 PM   #140
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Getting some rain here and there.