The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Cape Kennedy Corvette Club

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Cape Kennedy Corvette Club The purpose of the club is to promote Corvettes, and to provide friendship with other Corvette owners in and around the State of Florida. We sponsor and promote rallies, autocross, civic and charitable activities and scholarships, car shows and caravans. To have owned a Corvette is our cause to exist!

Unread 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
dangerz

Name :
dangerz has disabled reputation
Default New Corvette owner coming your way..

Hey guys,

I posted a thread in the welcome section but also wanted to say hello here. I currently work for Lockheed Aeronautics in Texas and will be transferring to Space Systems on August 16th. I'm looking forward to meeting the local vette crew.

Are there any car events that you'd recommend for me to meet the local crew? I've only ever been to Florida for vaca so I really don't know what to expect. Also if I read correctly, it doesn't seem like there are any state emission inspections? Is that true?

Roy

Last edited by dangerz; 06-29-2010 at 05:36 PM.
dangerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerz View Post
Hey guys,

I posted a thread in the welcome section but also wanted to say hello here. I currently work for Lockheed Aeronautics in Texas and will be transferring to Space Systems on August 16th. I'm looking forward to meeting the local vette crew.

Are there any car events that you'd recommend for me to meet the local crew? I've only ever been to Florida for vaca so I really don't know what to expect. Also if I read correctly, it doesn't seem like there are any state emission inspections? Is that true?

Roy
Well, well...new 'meat'! We're a fun group here with quite a few owning Vettes who work on the Space Center. On any given day you could count at least a dozen Vetters around 'campus'. Our club, which obviously you found, meets the 2nd Thursday of each month, at the Clarion Hotel on Merritt Island, 7pm. Nothing says you have to join of course, but it does tend to be a pretty good source for events to attend. We've got 150-160 members although you'd think maybe only 30 or 40 are active...

I'm Jack...and I 'moderate' our club site here on CorvetteFlorida. This is a great site for getting into Vette trouble around the state of Florida. We even had a site picnic a couple of years ago, at a 'members' home in Lakeland (center of the state) and about 20 showed up with their Vettes totally ruining Ken's front lawn! Between this site and any Corvette club, there is no shortage of car/Corvette stuff to do.

As far as emission checks? Nope, don't got 'em. Zilch. Although there are laws on the books against ripping out what u got on your ride so the Eco Nazi's can feel good about themselves, there are some who can provide 'advice' on how best to set up your Corvette for maximum performance. My '82??...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllll, it has 'true' dual exhaust now after some intense 'performance modifications' were accomplished. And while I had the interior completely replaced, it was time for my mechanic to remove the amber check engine light because only one bank of the engine was sensed with the O2 sensor.

Around the Space Center we pretty much take our cars to Corvette Interior Plus for repairs as well. He does a real good job...and has the supporting cast around him to have done frame offs in the past.

The next big event? Well, a few of us are signed up for Vettes on the Pier, over in Tampa, come Labor Day weekend. I'm going to that one. Then for November, we have Corvettes in Paradise (down in the Keys). You'll want to bring your Sharpee for that one so u can get Dave McLellan sign your car!! Dave McLellan has signed my '06 (along with Dave Hill's autograph as well at the NCM)!! I went to that even 2 years ago...not sure yet about this year.

There ya go...something to chew on while u wait to get here.

Any more questions, call me at work...321-861-0679.
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
dangerz

Name :
dangerz has disabled reputation

Awesome, thanks for all the info jack. My official start date is now the 16th so I'll def be there by then. I'm having the vette shipped so no idea when it'll get down there. I've found a decent place that'll rent (I have 6 animals so it's hard to find somewhere that'll allow them) to me but it's in Melbourne. It'll be a drive but it's only for a few months so we can look around the area for houses.

I'll check in once I get down there. Thanks again!
dangerz is offline   Reply With Quote