The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Cape Kennedy Corvette Club

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Cape Kennedy Corvette Club The purpose of the club is to promote Corvettes, and to provide friendship with other Corvette owners in and around the State of Florida. We sponsor and promote rallies, autocross, civic and charitable activities and scholarships, car shows and caravans. To have owned a Corvette is our cause to exist!

Unread 04-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
A "budget" is NOT listing everything you WANT to spend money on then trying to figure out ways to yank it out of people's pockets involuntarily.
[/quote]

But this is exeactly what the constitution allows under article I section 8:

"Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;"

So this means that anything that congress wants to spend money on they can because it is allowed under the constitution for the general welfare.

This implies they can spend any amount they want for anything they want.

The only constraint is that the amount spent and what the money is for is passed by both houses of Congress and signed by The President.

This is the definition of collusion, but hey if everyone agrees and everyone is doing is why not. I.E. Consensus and we elected them.

Second and I think the point you are trying to make Kap is spending less than your creditors will allow like you and I otherwise we get sued for default. You are correct in that logic, but the problem is you and I are not The Congress and President

The problem with that is (and I agree but)

For a state, there is no such thing as spending limits. You can spend as much as you want as long as The Treasury continues to print money regardless of weather it is wise or not.

1. You can spend any amount your creditors will allow. Why?
2. Because a government can levy taxes on anything for any amount you want. You and I cannot!
3. In doing so of #2 you have unlimited credit with anyone until you have 100% of all taxes and amount of time of FUTURE TAXES of 100% of the current and future population.

OK if you are still with me this will blow your mind.

This is equivalent to:

I go to a bank and borrow any amount I want AND THE BANK WILL GIVE IT TO ME!

why would any bank in their right mind do that?

Because I have unlimited ability to pay it back through UNLIMITED revenues collected from anyone I want, for any amount I want, levied against anything I choose, AND FOR ANY ONE ANY TIME AND ANYTING IN THE FUTURE.

I am not saying you are wrong, but the government does not play by the same rules as you and I as guaranteed by the constitution.

The US government is do what I say not what I do leadership and it is all legal.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142

Last edited by mickeystoysz16; 04-06-2011 at 11:13 PM.
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote