The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > 2009 Florida Caravan

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

2009 Florida Caravan All updates and general discussion regarding the 2009 National Caravan

Unread 08-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #11
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard goldberg View Post
You can still book a tour by calling. We did it last week
Howard - Looking forward to seeing you and your gang along the way...
Unread 08-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #12
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default Traci and I...

are leaving from Ferman (Tampa) on the 1st and staying in Lake City...pretty much traveling with, and following, the Florida caravan to the NCM. Hope to see some you at the BBQ and the NCM...and say hi if I don't/can't recognize you!

I have a CorvetteFlorida.com transfer on the back window of the convertible...and most of your should recognize my vanity plate: 321 NASA

Should be a fun week!!

I'll post a few pictures when we get back!
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sorry we had to miss this, but the timing is just too bad for us. Got WAY too many things going on right now... Hope you all have fun there...
Unread 09-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #14
Big Ed

Name :
Big Ed has disabled reputation

I backed out when I found out that the 3 nights in Bowling Green were going to cost me more than a mortgage payment!

Then there was at least 4 more nights in motels coming & going, the dogs needed boarding that entire time, and when I tried to sign up, all the tours were booked full.

That was the end of that plan.

2010 Corvette ZR1
2009 C6 Corvette
Big Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #15
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

We got back from the caravan on Monday. Had a great time! We saw Armando and Jim at a rest stop in South Pittsburg, Alabama, but never saw them again the rest of the trip. We did see Nasajack during the caravan out of Florida, but never saw him or his car after the caravan. We spotted his plate 321 NASA, so we know it was him. We waved when we passed him in our Z16, but I am sure he did not know us.

The museum was a mad house (in a good way). Corvettes everywhere you could see. With those sorts of crowds getting food service there, or trying to shop in the store was going to be problematic. If you have not been to the museum since the expansion, it is worth the trip. They are also planning a new motorsports park just on the east side of I-65. I think they are gathering the funds for this, but from what I understand, they already own the land.

To me, the hit of the trip was Road Atlanta. I have been to a number of road courses but RA is different because of the elevation changes. Very nice course. It does remind me of the Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point, but much larger. The Jefferson Circuit is 1.1 miles (I think) and RA is 2.5 miles. Anyway, the hot laps on this course kept a grin on my face for most of the week.

I hope everyone made it home ok.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

We had a change of plans and didn't do the caravan as planned but did stop in at the NCM on Friday. For all the crowds and vettes there we ran into Rich 427 and his wife, Joyce in the gift shop. We got to see the bricks we bought a few years ago and toured the remodeled museum. Nice job!
I also got to drive HWY 129 (the Dragon) from No Carolina into Tennessee. I'm still smiling about that! My husband, Robert took pics of the road.......lots of fun.
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #17
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Linda, Sorry we missed you at NCM...we headed back south on Friday to do panhandle visit...glad you and Robert got to do the Dragon finally.

Rich, good to see you and your better half at rest stop at beginning and later on...I agree, the track was a highlight for us as well even though we did not go on it.

Caravan through SW Florida the first day was very orderly, so kudos to Carrie for her leadership on road...heard the east coast caravan was the opposite...After Florida, it seemed to turn into a free for all from what I saw...some individuals were driving like they were on the track before they ever got there, but I guess that is the nature of the beast...All in all had a great time while it lasted...

NCM staff did well considering what they had to contend with...