Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Welcome Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Welcome Room Member introductions

Unread 03-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Howdy and welcome. Man, I love the sound of those bullets.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #22
Hot Pursuit

Name :
Hot Pursuit is on a distinguished road

Also I see you’re from St Pete..... Be careful with the “go fast and be happy pedal”... They are a typical city if not worse when it comes to speed enforcement and no breaks on tickets in this economic down turn. They have squads of guys whose only job is to write tickets. They don't make them up but they don't cut breaks either. There are a few areas of school zones that I see cruisers all the time such as along 22nd Ave, 38th Ave, 1st Ave north and 1st Ave south…. Largo, Clearwater, Kenneth City and Pinellas Park are just as bad.
Hot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #23
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Pursuit View Post
Also I see you’re from St Pete..... Be careful with the “go fast and be happy pedal”... They are a typical city if not worse when it comes to speed enforcement and no breaks on tickets in this economic down turn. They have squads of guys whose only job is to write tickets. They don't make them up but they don't cut breaks either. There are a few areas of school zones that I see cruisers all the time such as along 22nd Ave, 38th Ave, 1st Ave north and 1st Ave south…. Largo, Clearwater, Kenneth City and Pinellas Park are just as bad.
He's right

Every agency has become more "enforcement oriented" since the state decided to stop taxing the citizens to death.

The fines and fees have gone up and the "slack" has gone down.

A lot of those school zones are minimally marked (but marked all the same) as required by statute. And the low speed zones abound in St. Pete.

Have fun, but be careful out there.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #24
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Man, ain't that the truth. The cops have a hard enough time without being now drafted into becoming state revenue collectors. This sort of back door taxation is going to build up a lot of resentment, and who is it going to be directed towards?
Unread 03-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #25
sonofavette07c6

Name :
sonofavette07c6 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Pursuit View Post

yea im well aware of all that being that i'm in the profession. but thanks for the heads up.
sonofavette07c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofavette07c6 View Post
well I have loved the corvettes since i was 16 but could never afford one. not only that but my dad said it was too much car for a teenager and yea i agree. I got into Law enforcement at age 19, great career i love it. My parents were nice enough to let me stay at home till i feel i have enough money to comfortably move out. with no bills and a ton of cash saved I went to the dealer and found a used vette i was able to get them to 36,589 out the door. I payed cash it was kind of cool paying cash they all looked at me like huh??? the vette is a 07 Z51 fully loaded with nav and everything. .............and then i moved out into an apartment with a garage.
Well done my man...I'm impressed! It not often I hear stories of this type today. Going back 20 to 25 years ago around my time (60's - 70's), your story was not uncommon at all. We knew what it meant to earn a buck back then...and the distinction of owning a car worthy of a Corvette. I'm disappointed that this era has lost touch with the chartacter you have to accomplish as much as you have in such a short time. Mister, I need to shake your hand, firmly, and tell you..."a job well done!"
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #27
sonofavette07c6

Name :
sonofavette07c6 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasajack View Post
Well done my man...I'm impressed! It not often I hear stories of this type today. Going back 20 to 25 years ago around my time (60's - 70's), your story was not uncommon at all. We knew what it meant to earn a buck back then...and the distinction of owning a car worthy of a Corvette. I'm disappointed that this era has lost touch with the chartacter you have to accomplish as much as you have in such a short time. Mister, I need to shake your hand, firmly, and tell you..."a job well done!"

Well I must say I really apreciate your kind words. I was just raised to always work hard at all cost it eventually pays off in the end however long you may have to wait. I have met a lot of people that have sons around my age and they all ask me to talk to thier son. I just tell them you cant teach ambition and they will eventually realize what they want to do ...... well most do anyway....
sonofavette07c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #28
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well I must say I really apreciate your kind words. I was just raised to always work hard at all cost it eventually pays off in the end however long you may have to wait. I have met a lot of people that have sons around my age and they all ask me to talk to thier son. I just tell them you cant teach ambition and they will eventually realize what they want to do ...... well most do anyway....
Well said

I knew what I wanted to do from the time I was a pre-teen (law enforcement), set my goals and did it!

On the other hand, it looks like my son, at the age of 23, finally broke the code and is now headed for his goal in life

We need more people like you that have thier head on straight!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #29
IMPTKLR

Name :
IMPTKLR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well this is my first post. I'm 23 from St pete I drive a velocity yellow c6 mods I have are a halltech intake and a BB bullet exhaust system. I'm looking to meet other corvette enthusiast somewhat around my age haven't met many yet though. Anyway just saying hi still learning the site

welcome,
i guess now im not the youngest guy on the forum...

hope to see you at VetteFest09
IMPTKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #30
IMPTKLR

Name :
IMPTKLR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
I bought mine when I was 24 sucka.

Don't be harassing us youngins
second that!!

24 on my first... 25 on my second , 27 on my 3rd and now 32 and on number 6